33. facedown

Kat woke up, tits out, on the floor with a blanket laid neatly over her. It wasn't until she moved slightly did she realise that someone's arm was around her. She opened her eyes to see another figure in front of her.

Pulling her dress up to cover herself up, she examined the figure and decided the one in front was George. She then tried to look at the other but their arms tightened and for some reason, she just new it was Matty.

"Matty," She whispered, he groaned and rolled away from her. She crawled away from them both and stood up, head pounding, stomach lurching.

She looked around the room, there were bodies sprawled everywhere. Matty's body slid across the floor and attached itself to George which made Kat giggle. She took a photo for safe keeping.

Kat wandered upstairs, not hearing any sounds therefore reasons not to. She opened Alice's bedroom door to find Tammy and Ross in bed together but still clothed. She tip toed over to the bed and got in next to Tammy.

"Kat?" She whispered, her eyes still closed. Kat wrapped her arms around her and they fell back asleep for a little bit.

Kat fell in and out of sleep for half an hour, she couldn't stop thinking about her kiss with Matty. It was messing with her head, why would he feel relieved after kissing her.

"Tammy," She whispered, Tammy hummed in answer. "Matty kissed me last night." She whispered and suddenly Tammy's eyes were wide.

"Get out." Tammy pushed her, Kat got out of the bed and Tammy followed. She grabbed Ross' jacket and threw it around herself. They walked downstairs, Tammy picked up a random jacket but Kat knew it was Matty's, she slipped it on and followed Tammy outside.

Tammy passed her a cigarette and they sat on Alice's deck chairs in silence.

"Who initiated?" She asked, Kat rubbed her forehead.

"He did" she answered, Tammy groaned and put the cigarette in her mouth.

"Shit." She breathed as all the smoke came out of her mouth.

"I don't think it meant anything." Kat concluded, Tammy raised her eyebrows to ask for an elaboration. "We were both drunk, I could tell he was...struggling and just needed something as like a reassurance." She brought her cigarette to her mouth but Tammy noticed her hand was shaking.

"Struggling with what?" She asked, Kat just shook her head.

"That doesn't matter really." She brushed her off, not wanting to spill Matty's secrets because of one kiss.

"Right so, are you gonna talk to him about it?" She wondered, expecting her to as it was the right thing to do. Kat started to shake even more and rub her face, she looked like Matty on a bad night.

"No, I've already told him everything I would say." She tapped the end of the fag with her red raw finger and brought it back to her lips.

"What do you mean?" Tammy knew she was on the cusp of saying something. It was only a matter of time before she broke.

"We kissed at that wedding a couple months ago." She confessed, Tammy dropped her cigarette in shock. "That one really was a drunken mistake kiss." She pointed her cigarette at her. Tammy sat up.

"Kitty, he has a girlfriend. A really nice and lovely girlfriend." Tammy scolded, "we're in her fucking house for Christ's sake. You kissed her boyfriend in her house" she was whisper shouting so no one could hear.

"He kissed me! I could go without his kisses but for some reason he can't go without mine." She whisper shouted back, Tammy rolled her eyes and collapsed back onto the chair.