17. mine

It was around two am when Matty came home from Kat's place. He walked into his house, feeling somewhat remorseful towards her. He cared a little too much about her and that kiss they had just had didn't give him the closure he had thought it would.

"Hey Matty" A voice said as he stood in the hallway, reflecting. He looked up to see Tammy leaning against the doorframe that led into the living room.

"Hey Tim tam" His voice was hoarse from tiredness, he really just wanted to go bed.

"Your lady's upstairs; doesn't seem too pleased with you." She let him know, Matty closed his eyes as he was not in the mood for this.

"How long has she been here?" He wondered, pulling his phone out of his pocket. No calls or texts from her, she had just turned up it seems.

"All night. I bet I can guess who you were with" She grinned, knowing from George that he was with Kat. Matty smirked.

"I bet." He didn't even try to deny it which made Tammy roll her eyes. "I guess I should go up there, grovel or whatever" He really just wanted to go to bed and relive that kiss over and over again, Alice was going to make this very difficult. Tammy walked up to him and rubbed his lips with her fingers.

"Might want to rub that off your lips first" She winked before walking into the living room. Matty rubbed his lips viciously as he jogged up the stairs.

As he walked into his room, Alice was curled up in one his jumpers on his bed. She looked adorable. He was slightly thankful that she wasn't awake since now he could just lay in bed and think of Kat; wow that was fucked up.

He took off his t-shirt and jeans and got into bed, praying she wouldn't wake up. Let's just say his prayers went unanswered.

"Matty?" Her small voice said as soon as he closed his eyes. He let out a hum. "Where have you been?" she asked.

"Hanging out with Kat" He wasn't going to lie, he was already doing too much of that.

"Until two in the morning?" She wondered, implying way too much for Matty's liking.

"Yes. She's my best friend and we had a lot to talk about" He hadn't opened his eyes yet but he knew she was glaring at him. That pissed him off, but he didn't let on.

"What did you talk about?" She asked, he opened his eyes to see her sat up and watching him.

"That's none of your business." He replied, watching her eyebrows raise in offense. "What? I don't ask what you and your best friends talk about. It's private and between you two" He said, having a valid point.

"I didn't realise you were so secretive." She said quietly. He sat up and rested his head on the headboard.

"Don't be like that." He sighed, Alice raised her eyebrows.

"Like what?" Matty stared at her.

"Don't get weird about Kat just because she's a girl. You have guy friends that I don't get weird about" He pointed out. Alice bit her lip as he ran his hands aggressively through his hair.

"Did you talk about me?" She asked, watching as he met her eyes. He shifted his body so he could reach out and pull her towards him.

"Yes." He said seductively. She went to sit on his lap but he flinched and instead, pushed her down so he was on top. He couldn't have her sitting where Kat had sat only hours before. She smiled up at him and tried to pull him down for a kiss. He dodged it and kissed her cheek before placing his lips next to her ear. "Be my girlfriend, Alice" He whispered.

"Okay" She whispered, he grinned down at her. He realised he had to kiss her now, he had to wipe away reminiscence of Kat no matter how badly he really didn't want to.