06. chocolate

Matty had texted Kat his address so she made her way over in her shitty little KA. Once she had stopped outside the house, she lit a cigarette and prepared herself. She hadn't expected to like Matty, she just thought he was fit, and now she was spending all this time with him.

She slammed her jammed door shut and put out her cigarette, staring at the house in front of her. It was a tall house, nothing special. Matty opened the door before she had even got there, opening his arms for her.

"It's freezing outside." She gasped as she walked into his arms.

"Come on, I've got something that can warm you up" he wiggles his eyebrows, she nudged him with a smile on her face.

"Hey guys." She waved as she walked into the living room, seeing the other three guys sat on the floor with smoke surrounding them. It smelt delicious in there.

"Kat!" They all cheered as she sat down next to George, Matty pushed on her other side and took the spliff from Adam.

"Here, try this chocolate" he chuckled, she took it from him and put it in between her lips. It was sugary and made her mouth humid, it was good.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" George asked, laying his tree trunk legs out across the floor. Kat closed her eyes and enjoyed her puff of the cylinder before passing it to Matty.

"There's nothing to fucking do here. We need to get out" Matty complained before placing it in his mouth. Kat just watched him with a small smile on her face before turning away.

"You're such a cliche." She commented, they all giggled but Matty looked offended.

"In what way Katherine?" He cocked his head to the side, knowing she hates being called that. She purses her lips in annoyance.

"You're an emo in a small town band that wants to get out and run away to the city." She knocked him down, George let out one 'Ha!' so hard that he started coughing.

"Fuck off, you can't actually wanna stay here?" He retaliated, she rolled her eyes so hard it hurt.

"Well of course I don't want to stay here but I'm not complaining about it twenty four seven" She leant back on her hands. They all sat in silence and wondered who this girl Matty had just brought in from the street actually was.

"Oh give it a rest you two, just enjoy the weed." Ross piped up, they both turned to look at him and the room fell silent again.

George was in awe of her, Matty was a cocky prick who had a reply for everything and this stranger had just shut him down in a matter of minutes. How the hell she was even remotely into Matty baffled him beyond belief. He loved his best friend dearly but he was punching with her.

"So Kat, how do you know Tammy?" Ross asked, not making his intentions at all clear. note the sarcasm. Kat removed her attention from Matty and smiled.

"We've been mates for a while, like we knew of each other since we went to school together and then just kinda became friends with the same people after." She shrugged, there wasn't some huge story behind her and Tammy's friendship.

"So do you work?" George asked, taking the blunt from Adam. She nodded and now Matty was intrigued.

"Yeah I work at the record store downtown. I'm a manager there." She was proud of how quickly she had climbed the ladder at her work. "But I'm saving up to travel so I can find somewhere I love and want to actually start a career in." She explained as George passed it to her.

"Wait, how old are you?" Adam blurted, earning a slap from Matty.

"Shut up Hann, you can't be asking those things straight up." He scolded him just to impress Kat but she rolled her eyes.