54. oh, but i want you now

Kat couldn't sleep. They had just landed in Milan where they were staying for two nights, they had been placed in a pretty nice hotel but the sleep deprivation was getting to her. She left an exhausted Matty in their hotel room and decided to go and have a look around the lobby.

She was in Matty's shorts and merch hoodie as she entered the lobby. There was a woman on the desk, looking extremely bored. Kat wandered around for a bit before she caught the attention of the woman.

"Excuse me?" She asked, Kat turned her head to her and walked over to her. "Are you a fan or part of the crew?" She asked. Kat was extremely confused until she realised she was wearing a 'the 1975' hoodie.

"Oh, I guess crew." She answered. The woman looked impressed. Kat noticed that she was young, wouldn't be much older than her if she could guess.

"Really? Are they nice?" Her English was impeccable even if she did have a slight accent which indicated she was actually Italian.

"Yeah, they're great. Lead singer's got a bit of an ego though." She giggled, the woman raised her eyebrows but then nodded.

"I can see that." She agreed. Kat snorted and rested her arms on the top of the desk.

"What's your name?" She asked the woman.

"I'm Rosa, and you?" Kat grinned at her.

"I'm Kat. I like your name." She complimented her, Rosa smiled wildly.

"Thank you, I like yours as well." She retaliated. Kat hadn't had such pleasant small talk in such a long time. She enjoyed it.

"Do you often work night shifts?" She asked for no reason other than she was enjoying having the conversation.

"Occasionally. It's incredibly boring but sometimes someone like you will come down and talk to me." She answered, Kat nodded. "What do you do?" She asked.

"I...just kinda follow the boys around the world and have fun." She answered as honestly as possible. Rosa laughed.

"That sounds incredible." She beamed, Kat nodded.

"It's pretty amazing." She agreed.

"Kat?" Someone's voice asked. They both turned their heads to see George. Rosa's eyes widened.

"Oh, Hey. George come meet Rosa." George looked awkwardly at the girl at the desk as he walked over to them.

"George." He held out his hand. Rosa shook it.

"Rosa." She nodded, "big fan." She confirmed which made George smile.

"Thank you." He said genuinely before turning to Kat. "Does Matty know you're down here?" He asked, she shook her head.

"He's passed out. Why are you down here?" She asked. George was clearly in his pyjamas and hadn't planned to be there at that time.

"I went to the vending machine and then heard your voice." He confessed, she nodded.

"I'm coming back up in a bit, you can go back." She pointed out. He licked his bottom lip.

"You should probably come back up as well." He advised. Kat couldn't help herself, she rolled her eyes at him. She noticed Rosa's eyebrows raise.

"Fine." She said like a child. George looked embarrassed as he moved away from the two. "I'll see you soon Rosa. Have a nice night." She waved.

"Sleep well." Rosa called over as they left.

Kat got in the lift with George absolutely fuming. She couldn't believe how he was acting around her recently.

"What's wrong with you?" He noticed her scowl. She leant against the wall and glared at him.