20. is there somebody who can watch you

Kat began November with a banging headache. Not only was her head banging, but so was someone's hand on her front door. She let out a flattering groan as she lifted her body and dragged it to the door.

"Kitty!" A familiar voice squealed from the other side. Kat stopped dead in her path. No. It couldn't be. She opened the door to reveal the one person she was really not in the mood to see, her sister.

"Fuck me, Angie what are you doing here?" She groaned, Angie's face dropped immediately as she examined her sister.

"You look like shit, what's wrong?" Angie grabbed Kat's face to look closer.

"I'm hungover, you prick." She pushed her hand away from her face. Angie grinned and pulled her into a hug.

"Kat?" Someone's voice rang from upstairs. They both looked extremely confused, she didn't remember coming home from the Halloween party and now wondered what she did when she did come home.

"Yes?" She called up the stairs. To her relief, George came down the stairs fully clothed. "Oh, Hey George. Sorry, I forgot you were here."

"Who's this?" George pointed at Angie, not fully acknowledging she was there which made Kat smirk.

"I'm the fit older sister she must've told you all about." Angie held out her hand. George looked her up and down as he shook it. "You must be Kat's...boyfriend?" She guessed. George laughed.

"Best friend." He corrected, Angie bit her lip which made Kat frown. She didn't like the way she looked at him. "I'll be in the kitchen, we need to chat."

"Yeah we do actually." She wrapped an arm around his waist and he kissed her head.

"So, you have some new friends you need to fill me in on!" Angie beamed. Kat started to walk into her living room and she followed.

"Uh, yeah sure." She sat on her single chair. "Why are you here, you didn't call to say you were coming by?" She wondered. Angie took a seat on her larger sofa and smiled.

"I'm moving here! Well, I've moved here actually already." She beamed, Kat's face dropped.

"What...how...why?" Kat had always lived comfortably, knowing that her sister was miles away in London.

You see, Kat and Angie had a complicated relationship. They were close but preferred to be apart. At family gatherings, weddings, christmases etc, they would act as if nothing had ever come between them but that couldn't be further from the truth. When their parents had split up, Angie took their mums side even if she was was the one that cheated. They moved away to London and Kat could let out a sigh of relief.

Kat had always wondered whether if their parents had never split up, whether Angie would be the one she could depend on and turn to in any situation. Angie was her older sister by two years, Kat wondered whether she would ever let that go and actually look after her.

"Well, I got offered a transfer to the Manchester Fashion Institute so of course I had to take it! It's been so long since I lived here" She explained, Kat stared at her.

"I thought you hated it up north" she quoted her from when she had last visited.

"I can learn to love it. It's just something knew." She grinned. "Anyway, enough about me. How are you? How's work? How's Tammy? Any new friends?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Work's fine. Tammy and I are in an argument as of yesterday. I've seemed to acquire a few new friends equally, who individually confuse me in their own ways." She explained, Angie grinned.

"Have you been writing?" She asked, Kat became shy all of a sudden.

"A little bit bit nothing worthy of finishing." She answered.