21. m.o.n.e.y

Kat waited a few days before turning up at Tammy's door. She had calmed down, thought about it rationally and was ready to apologise.

Tammy opened the door with a worried look on her face, she relaxed when she saw it was only Kat. This action however worried Kat.

"Kat." She breathed, as if she was happy to see her.

"Tammy." She replied in the same tone. "I'm sorry." She burst, Tammy grew tears in her eyes and smiled.

"No. Oh my god, I'm sorry." She held out her arms and Kat practically ran into them. They squeezed each other tightly as the door shut behind.

"Please let me explain, I have to." Tammy mumbled as they rocked back and forth.

Tammy made them both a cup of tea while Kat looked around. She hardly ever came to Tammy's house, she was always over at hers. It looked different to what she remembered, a lot less things everywhere.

"Look, I was going to tell you everything. But you know what I'm like; i don't want to say anything until I know that what I'm telling you is true." She explained, Kat nodded and took her tea.

"That's fair." She replied, sipping the scolding hot liquid.

"But Alice, fucking hell that girl. She pushed and pushed until I told her, I didn't tell her everything though." She continued.

"So, what's going on?" Kat led her into the living room where they sat facing each other on a sofa.

"What I told Alice was that I may or may not have a small crush on Ross. But!" She yelled before Kat could say anything. "I don't know yet. That's all I said to her and she did with it what she willed." Kat nodded.

"And the stuff you didn't tell her?" She pushed, Tammy sighed.

"I lost my job about a month ago." She confessed, Kat's face dropped.

"Tammy..." she sighed, watched Tammy's eyes grow sad. "Are you alright? How did it happen?" She asked.

"My boss was cutting down on staff and saw me as expendable." She explained. "Anyway, I've been trying to find another one for a while now but no one wants me. My CV is shit and I freeze up in interviews. Then, about a week ago Ross noticed I was feeling particularly worried and asked me what's wrong. I don't know why, I just told him everything and he was so sweet; he's such a sweet person. He offered to help me with my CV and interview tricks which is what he's been doing. But, even though he's helping me I'm still about to lose my flat since rent is due and I don't have it" She said, her eyes flaring and her hands waving. Kat took a gulp of tea.

"I'm so sorry Tammy." She said firstly. "Look, I know you won't want to but what if you came and worked in the record shop for a little bit." She offered, Tammy stared at her.

"Kat, I'd feel so in debt to you." She declines but Kat was persistent.

"Tammy, you're my best friend and you have two issues; no job and no house. I can offer you a job and you forget that I have a house with a spare room. I can help you, I want to help you." She was begging now.

"Kat" she sighed.

"Just think about it. Talk it over with Ross." She smiled, Tammy smiled back.

"Thank you." She replied. "And fuck you." She giggled at the Ross comment. Kat sipped her tea with a smile on her face. "Hey Kat" She said after a moments silence.

"Yeah?"

"Do you feel threatened by Alice?" She wondered, Kat turned her eyes from her and stared at the wall.