1

Briar
"Are you going to say goodbye?" My mother shouted up the stairs. I reluctantly walked out my room and down the steep wooden stairs towards my mother who had a suitcase next to her and a Michael Kors handbag in her hands. She was off, she'd met someone, someone to replace my father. They were off to travel the world together for 4 months , something her and I had planned to do together for as long as I remember. They were starting off in Australia and finishing in Mexico, before flying back to Toronto.
I'd never been home alone before. I was nervous at the idea. Would I like it? Would I hate it? I'd always been very close to my mom. I guess she was the only person I could ever rely on. I had grandparents, but my mom fell out with them when they told her the divorce should never have happened. They were fond of my father. I wish I could say the same, I can only briefly remember him. I only met my fathers parents a handful of times. What do you expect when your parents get divorced when you're 1.

"The freezer is full so there should be enough food for a week or so in there. If you need money message me, I'll do a bank transfer. You should be fine though. I topped your account up this morning. I love you," She said while stroking my head before turning and walking out the door. Neil was there sitting impatiently in his Range Rover. I've only met him once or twice, he seems nice, quite funny actually, but I can't really say much. I walk towards the door and wave as they start speeding down the road to avoid any traffic hold ups.

I shut the door and walk back up to my room, I should really start getting changed. I've got dance soon and I still need to eat. I showered last night so I should still be fresh, well sort of. I pick my dance clothes out of the draw and lay them on my bed. We have to wear uniforms now, apparently it makes us look smarter & more officiant. Black leggings and a fitted Black top with the company logo on the front and our names in bold on the back along with the year we started dancing there. Unless it's Ballet, then we wear white tights and our class colour leotard and waist elastic. Obviously the boys wear something slightly different. I actually like the idea of uniforms, but everyone else despised them with a passion.

After putting my uniform on I check to see if my dance bag is packed, yes. Then I rush downstairs to make breakfast, croissants and orange juice, my favourite. I slowly eat my breakfast to ensure I can digest everything. Apparently eating it slowly helps your digestive system since you're not clogging it with more and more solubles, meaning it's less likely for you to chuck it all back up when you're exercising. Smart huh?

After taking my last sip of juice I hear the door bell ring, ahh that must be Allain the studio owner and my dance instructor. He said he'd pick me up and drop me off home until my mother gets back. He's like a father to me, so loving, caring and supportive of absolutely anything and everything. I quickly rush to the door and greet him with a warm smile, I grab my bag, put my phone in the pocket and then grab my jacket before leaving the house and locking the door.

"How're you feeling?" He asks as we get approach the car.
"I'm okay, shocked to say the least aha," I saw with a small laugh.
"She"ll be back before you know it," He says with a warm smile and opens the car door for me. I get in and he shuts the door before I'm greeted by the other two passengers in the car, his son Isaac and my duet partner Devon. They're both like brothers to me, in fact everyone at the studio is like one big family, it's so strange but so wonderful at the same time.