21

"Oh that's not too far from here," He responds with a smile. "How's your mom?"
"Um I think she's okay, she's currently out of the country for a while." I say instantly regretting the amount of information I've given away.
"That's nice, anywhere nice?" He asks with a genuine smile.
"She's actually on a 4 month world tour, I think she's currently in New Zealand," I say slightly unsure of myself.
"She used to dream of travelling the world but always hated aeroplanes," he laughs.
"Sounds about right." I say with a chuckle. "Once I was competing in Miami and she complained that much about flying there that I practically had to kidnap her just to come. She was, of cause, adamant that she could get a boat there."
"I wish I was there to see that," Abbey laughs.
"So, how have you both been?" I ask.
"We've been good I guess," Abbey responds.
"I mean we're financially stable and healthy," my dad laughs.
"I'm glad," I respond.
"Are you doing anything tomorrow? We were thinking of going to play some bowling?" My dad says, I mean I'd love to go, but Myles might get worried if I'm out 2 days in a row.
"Not that I'm aware of, that'd be cool." I respond with a smile.
"Feel free to invite a friend if you'd like," He says. I nod with a smile.
"Okay," I respond before looking down at my watch. "I should get going, it was lovely to meet you, actually it was lovely to see you again."
They both nod and smile before we all stand up and make our way to the door.
"If you'd like to come tomorrow we can pick you up or you can meet us at the bowling Alley near the lake at 5," my dad says with a warm smile.
"I'll meet you there," I say giving them both a hug and leaving. I'm quite looking forward to it. Of cause I'll invite Myles, I mean he deserves to meet my family since he is practically living with me. He loves bowling so it shouldn't be too hard to convince him.

I walk home and instantly flung myself on the sofa.
"Briar is that you?" I hear Myles asking walking through the passage way.
"Yeah it's me," I respond as he walks in the room. He sits next to me and wraps his arms around me kissing my cheek. What is going on?
I turn my head to speak to him but instead his lips accidentally crash onto mine. We instantly pull away with an awkward laugh. Well I didn't think that'd happen today.
"Um I'm going bowling tomorrow, you're welcome to come, only if you'd like." I say breaking the awkward tension that had risen. He nods.
"Is it with your dad?" He says curiously.
"Yeah," I say staring into his glistening eyes.
"I'll be there," He responds tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.
Instantly before the moment continues there's a knock at the door.