14

"Breakfast is served," I Say with a small fake laugh, before placing the tray down on the table. I take my seat next to Jessy and directly in front of Myles. They talk among themselves but I can't stop thinking about Abbey and what Myles was going to tell me. I feel all my emotions mixed together, it's so strange.
"Earth to Briar," Devon says taking me out of my gaze.
"What? sorry, I was in my own world," I laugh
"We're thinking about going Ice Skating this afternoon," Devon says.
"Oh okay," I say with a small nod.
"You coming?" Jessy asks as if it's an obvious question.
"Oh um, no, sorry, not for me," I say trying to avoid mentioning meeting Abbey.
"What's really going on?" Jessy asks, touching my arm in comfort. I quickly look up at Myles with a look of desperation spread across my whole face.
"She's got a doctors appointment," Myles says.
"What's up?" Jessy asks worried.
"Just, you know, check up," I say with a unconvincing smile. What am I doing?
"Okay then," Jessy says clearly unconvinced.
I quickly finish eating my food and we decide to leave.
"B can we talk later?"Myles quietly asks, making sure Devon and Jessy don't hear. I nod and continue walking towards Myles' car.
"Dev, Jessy should I drop you both off home to get ready and pick you up at 2?" Myles asks.
"That'd be lovely Myles, thank you ," They say. We get in the car and drive to my house. Jessy and Devon grab their things and we all say our goodbyes.
"You go wait in the car," Myles says before turning back to me.
"I'll be back soon, unless you want to come?" Myles asks I shake my head and smile.
"I'll see you soon," I say as I watch Myles leave the house.
I sit on the sofa and stare at the piece of paper Abbey handed me. 3:30. I quickly check the time 11:39. So I've got 3 and a bit hours before I should set off. I'm getting more nervous by the minute. I keep checking the time, still 11:39. I sigh and put the TV on.
I keep flicking through the channels, there's nothing, I decide to watch some old comp videos. They always bring back happy memories.
"Briar I'm back," I head Myles shouting through the house.
"In here," I respond turning around to face the direction of where Myles is. He walks up to me and kisses my head before taking a seat next to me.
"B, what's up? Why didn't you want to go ice skating with us all?" He asks concerned taking my hands. I sigh before taking the note out my pocket and handing him it. He looks puzzled and just looks at me.
"It's from Abbey," I say quietly
"Your sister?" He asks in confusion. I nod, signing again.
"She works in McDonalds, and she delivered a parcel to me yesterday." I say and he nods in acceptance.
"You sure you're going to be okay to meet her alone, I can come with you if you wanted me too?" He asks me.
"Don't be silly, I should be, I mean I doubt she's going to murder me, well atleast not in Costa." I smile and he nods.
"Want me to drive you?" He asks whilst moving a piece of hair behind my ear.
"You're so sweet, You'll be ice skating, I should be fine. It's only a 15 minute walk, thank you though," I say with a smile before pulling him into a warm hug. We snuggle up on the couch and continue to watch completion videos. Before we know it we're getting ready to leave the house again. Now I'm starting to feel sick, these nerves are killing me. I give Myles a quick hug and her leaves to go ice skating. I brush myself down, put my coat on, grab my bag and money, spray my perfume and leave the house. I keep taking deep breaths as I'm walking down the street and before I know it I'm walking through the entrance to Costa.