7

I drop my spoon into the bowl and just stare straight at the notification in front of my eyes.
"Myles," I say shocked. I was sort of hoping that she wouldn't accept it and I would just keep going on in life as it was. He smirks and turns his phone back around to face him. I can see his fingers tapping and swiping on his phone. I know exactly what he's doing and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Not him going through her account but her accepting his request.
"You know Briar I'm not even too sure," He says with a puzzled look on his face. I stand up and swiftly walk over to him and sit down on the stool next to him. I look at him as if to ask permission before taking his phone. I quickly scroll through her Instagram taking in every small detail.
It can't be, no, It just can't be. I keep telling myself, but as much as I'd like to convince myself I just can't. It's her. It can't not be her.
She looks nothing like me, and not so much like my mom. But from what I can remember, for sure she looks like my dad, I definitely got my moms looks. Not that I'm complaining. I feel lucky to have both the parents I had.
I quickly scroll through down to the bottom of her profile and come across a post of her, a man (I'm presuming my father), a young girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, and another woman. I'm guessing that must be my stepmom and half sister.
In the back of my brain I sort of hoped my father would never move onto some one else, and especially not have a baby with someone else. I feel, I don't know, replaced.
I'd be surprised if he could remember me, it's been so long. He never bothered to keep in contact, not even with a birthday card or Christmas card. Maybe I'm the reason my mom and dad divorced. I hope not.i need to stop overthinking. I still love him, after all, he is still my father.
I nod my head as though to tell Myles it's her.
"How can you tell?" He asks running his fingers down my arm
"My dad," I say and scroll to the photo where she's with him.
"Who's the other woman?" He asks, I shrug.
"My moms replacement Id assume." I say as my eyes begin to fill with tears.
I've never known my family as a family but I wish I did, I'd do anything for that traditional normal family. No divorces, no other children, no other significant others.