3

"You two ready?" Allain asked with a chirpy smile. We both politely nodded before standing up and following him and Isaac out to the car.
"Myles I'll drop you off first." Allain says, Myles responds with a nod before we set off. Myles' house was only a few minutes drive, as we pulled up Franci was also pulling up. Allain got out the car to greet her followed by Myles.
"Bye B, bye Isaac," He said whilst hopping out the car. I laughed and waved just as I noticed Franci approaching the car.
"Briar sweetie how have you been?" She asked with a warm smile.
"I've been great, and yourself?" I responded with a smile to match hers.
"I've been good, why don't you come in for some dinner? I saw on Facebook your mom was on a world wide trip. I don't want you eating home alone. I'll drop you off later" She asked politely.
"Are you sure?" I asked surprised
"Of cause, come on in." She said with a small laugh. I got out the car and walked slowly towards the house with Franci.
"Allain I'll drop her off home later if that's okay?" Franci said as we were passing him by.
"Perfectly fine with me. See you tomorrow Briar." And with that he drove off. I walked with Franci into the house, this place has changed so much. I don't mean just the colour of the walls.
The stair case which was pure oak with an open space under the stairs is now beautifully carpeted with a wall and a small door creating a small room under them instead. The floor is a gorgeous wooden laminate instead of tiled. The chandelier which they used to have hung to perfection is no longer, instead they have 8 spot lights in the ceiling. The white painted doors they had are now modern wooden doors. And of cause the pristine white walls they had is now wallpapered. And that's just from the first glance. Wow, it's purely beautiful. I smile in amazement. It's the little things in life which excite me. Where most girls dream about boys and celebrities, I dream about home decor and dance. I see Myles approaching me with a large smile spread right across his face.
"Can I take your jacket please Miss Nolet." He jokes in a posh voice
"Why you can, thank you Mr Erlick," I respond, mimicking the same voice he just did. I take my jacket off and pass it to him. I smile to him once he's hung it up and we walk into the living room.
"Briar," I hear being screamed from the other side of the room, I instantly look up and see Kingsley, Myles younger brother, darting towards me.
"Hey there," I say with a laugh whilst wrapping my arms around his torso.
"I haven't seen you in ages, why did you stop visiting?" he says tearing up slightly.
"I'm here now aren't I," I say with a warm smile and hug him tighter.
"Please don't leave again." He says but this time with waterfalls flowing down his cheeks.
"Kingsley let the poor girl go, it's good to see you Briar," Tyson says walking into the room and slouching into the sofa.
"It's good to see you too Tyson," I respond as the little body which was clung onto me lets go.
I silently chuckle to myself. I love Myles' family. They're always so welcoming no matter what your age.
"Fancy helping set the table?" Myles rhetorically asks.
"Love too," I respond sarcastically.
We skip toward the dining room and start placing each knife, fork and spoon equidistant apart from each other, just like they do on those posh TV shows. Myles goes to collect beverages from the kitchen whilst I glance around the room feeling thankful that I don't have to eat alone this evening.
Myles returns sharpish and we begin pouring the drinks into the cups. It's like a child's tea party, Myles family always used to serve dinner with 3 huge jugs filled with either orange quash, water or black currant. It's funny but I love it.