62

They all stay silent, obviously trying to comprehend what was being said.
"Say something," Myles says nervously gripping a hold of my hand.
"I don't know what to say," Franci says, "I can't be mad because I'll regret it later, but I thought you'd know to use protection."
"It just sort of happened," Myles says squeezing my hand.
"It's okay Myles, I'm not mad," Franci says with a small smile. "You're old enough and responsible enough to raise a child so I'm going to trust you and Briar with this."
"Thanks," I say barely audible
"Wait so I'm going to be an uncle?" Kingsley asks confused.
I nod my head causing Kingsley to smile.
"We're also stopping competitive dance," Myles says
"Wise choice," Franci says, "baby comes first."
I smile slightly. I hope my family take it as well as this.
"I can't believe my little boys all grown up," Franci says shedding a small tear.
"Um we better go," Myles says awkwardly standing up. I stand up and we begin to walk to the door. Franci hugs me and kisses my head, I smile before Myles and I leave.
"She took that awfully well," Myles says once we're out.
"Can we go to my dad next?" I ask. Truthfully my mom should know first but I can't face her yet, plus I don't want to ruin her vacation. He might still be in Disney though.
Myles nods and the moment we're both sat in the car he's off down the road to my dads.
When we arrive I feel even more sick to my stomach. Abbey knows but she swore not to tell anybody. We walk to the door and knock. We wait a few seconds before he opens.
"Briar, Myles come in, come in," He says welcoming us in.
"Um dad I need to talk to you," I say with a weak smile.
"Okay, then talk," He says with a smile sitting on the sofa.
"Okay I'm going to be straight forward with this, I'm pregnant," I say trying to sound confident.
"Oh," He says simply, "have you told your mom?"
"Not yet, we went to Myles family and then you," I say, I can see a small smile on his face
"How far along," He asks
"Just a month," I say. "I've got a midwife appointment this afternoon."
"Do you?" Myles asks, oops, must have forgot to mention that.
"Oh how wonderful, I'm going to be a grandpa, will you send me a picture of your scans and please visit regularly?" He asks excitedly
"Of course, so um are you okay with this?" I ask, I mean there's nothing I can really do about it now, I'd never get rid of the baby.
"Yes, I trust you both. Sometimes things happen, I'm a believer of the everything happens for a reason," He says with a bright smile. Wow, okay then. "Congratulations with your recent win, I forgot to mention."
"Thanks," I say with a smile.
"Anyway I think we best be off," I say with a smile.
"Myles if you need any tips or tricks on how to handle pregnant women feel free to call," My dad says with a laugh.
"Trust me, I'll be in touch," Myles responds with a laugh.
"Well I guess we'll see you later," I say standing up and making my way to the door.
"Well congratulations on everything, feel free to pop round when ever," My dad says waving us out.
We drive home and decide to freshen up before going to meet our midwife and get our first scan.

When we arrive at the hospital we are directed where to go. It's a small waiting room but as you can imagine everybody in the room is giving us the look. I would usually say it's not everyday you see someone as young as myself and Myles getting a baby ultrasound or meeting a midwife but in this day and age it probably is.
"Briar Nolet," A lady says with a bright smile.
Myles and I follow her to a small room. We take a seat at the desk with the lady. She introduces herself as Joanie and explains all the procedures etc.
Since we're young she decides to do an ultrasound. I lie down on the bed and expose my stomach. Joanie squirts gel on my belly before placing the monitor on, slowly going in a circular motion. We look at the screen and see our tiny baby.
"All seems extremely healthy, baby's growing quite quickly so you may actually go into labour earlier then expected, but not massively early. That's why you have a small bump," She says with a smile. "I can't see why anything should go wrong within the upcoming months. I'll print some pictures off for you."
"Thank you," I say. It's all feeling so real now. I never even realised I had a bump until I stood up, but now I can't not notice it. Obviously I've just been watching it grow daily so I've not realised. It's only a tiny one, so If you didn't know I was expecting, you'd never know.
"I'll contact you in around a week to arrange our next appointment, it's lovely to meet you," Joanie says.
"Thank you so much," I say as we leave the room.
Once we're at the car I can't take my eyes off the ultrasound images.
My son or daughter.

2 uploads today yippee!
Happy Holidays!
This book's nearly finished and I'm beyond happy, I've had such great support and it's given me inspiration to finish off the books I had to unpublish previously. So keep a look out for them!
Thank you so much!