58

I wake up to the sound of someone knocking on our door, Devon lazily stands up and walks towards it. Thank God He did because I'm pretty comfortable.
"Why aren't you dressed? We have to be at the venue in half an hour," the voice from behind the door says. In a matter of urgency we all jump up and begin searching frantically for our things. We must have forgot to put an alarm on. We decide to just use a wet wipe instead of showering, it's not ideal but when you've got less than half an hour for 4 people to get ready, downstairs and to the other side of the park it's the best we can do.
I'm not sure how we did it, but we did it. On an empty stomach.
"B, vending machine," Myles says pointing at the machine as we're walking into the venue. We quickly run off and get some crisps and chocolate before returning to the group.
"Here," I say giving Jessy and Devon a pack of crisps and chocolate bar each.
"Cheers B," Devon says
I take one bite into my chocolate bar before legging it to the toilet to chuck up.
"Briar," I hear Allain calling, obviously seeing me speed off in the direction of the rest room. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah fine, just was bursting for the toilet and couldn't wait any longer," I lie
"As long as that's all it is," Allain says.
Jessy walks up to me and gives me a hug before we walk back to the rest of the team who are prepping for our first number of the day.
We get our costumes on and instantly we're performing. It flies by.
The morning is the semi finals and then the afternoon is the finals. We were extremely lucky to have made it through to the finals. The competition was crazy.
I spot my mom a few times but don't see dad or Abbey once.
Finally we're in the top 2 and they're announcing the winners.
We all grab a hold of hands.
"And the winner is Canadian Dance Company," Is heard throughout the auditorium.
We all scream in happiness. What an end to my competitive dance life. Allain runs and we all start screaming our studio anthem before going to collect our trophy.
I can feel the tears filling my eyes as I look at the team celebrating.
"This is it," I say before looking at Myles and taking his hand in mine.
"This is it," Myles responds before hugging me tightly.
We watch as everyone continues to celebrate and it makes me realise how much I'm going to miss this. We're a family. The best type of family there is. I want to celebrate with them but honestly I don't think I can face it.
"After party starts at 6:30 in the hotel function room," Allain announces to us. Giving us an hour and a bit to prepare.
"One last party?" I ask Myles. I understand if he doesn't want to go.
"One last party," He says with a smile before we leave the venue with our team.