4

Franci walks into the room with 2 plates in her hands.
"Myles go and help me get the plates from the kitchen, Briar sweetie would you be able to get Tyson and Kingsley from the living room for me please." She says with a gentle smile. Myles and I nod before leaving the room. When we return we all sit down at the table and begin to start eating Francis home made cottage pie.
"How longs your mom away for?" Franci asks me before taking a fork full of mashed potato.
"Four months," I respond with a frown.
"That's a long time, you're welcome to come over as much as you'd like." Franci says with a more sympathetic smile. I thank her before finishing the delicious food.
After everyone had finished Myles and I take the plates through to the kitchen and Myles begins to wash up.
"Here let me help," I say walking towards him.
"No you're the guest and I don't mind doing it." Myles says with a small laugh. I shake my head with a smile.
"Briar do you need to be home for a certain time?" Franci asks walking into the kitchen and messing with Myles hair as she does.
"No," I say with a smile and slight laugh at Myles' messed up hair.
"Why don't you stop round here for the night? I don't want you being alone especially with this storm approaching tonight."she asks, I totally forgot about the storm, I hate them. The noise of the wind crashing against my window and the rain lashing down on the roof. It sends shivers through my spine just thinking about it.
"Could I?" I ask with hopeful eyes.
"Of cause sweetie, I'll get Myles to drive you home whilst I'm putting Kingsley to bed, so you can get some bits and bobs and then you both come back here." She says as Myles picks up his moms car keys. I thank her and walk with Myles towards the door. Myles did have a car but decided to save money by selling it and just using his moms, hence why he doesn't drive to or from dance.
He opens the door and it's already started raining and I can feel the wind picking up a bit. We run quickly towards the car and drive towards my house. I can hear the rain getting heavier and I start to get more nervous. We pull up to my house, the only house in darkness throughout the whole street. We both get out the car and run towards the house, just as the thunder starts booming and the lightning strikes come down.
"Myles I'm scared," I say honestly as I try to find the house keys in my pocket. I find them and put them in the door as Myles hugs my side as comfort. I unlock the door and walk in. I run upstairs to pack my bag, Myles follows behind taking in every detail. I can hear the thunder crashes getting louder and the lightning bolts getting closer.
"Briar I don't think Its safe to drive back to mine." Myles says walking into my room seeing the tears forming in my eyes.
"I get it, I think it's best we both stay here." I say convincing myself everything will be okay. "Do you want hot cocoa?"
Myles nods before we both run downstairs towards the kitchen just as the electricity goes off.
"Oh great," I say sarcastically.
"It's fine Briar you've got me," Myles laughs. I groan before grabbing his hand and dragging him back up stairs.