9

"I like you too"
Myles keeps his head straight and continues driving. Did I dream that he said he liked me? Surely not? I look towards him again, my face filling with embarrassment but that soon fades when I see a small smile creeping up at the side of his lips.
I daze off again and before I know it we're back at my house.
"Get ready and then we'll set off for dance and stop off at Mcdonalds on the way, I'll ring Alain to say I'll take you." Myles says as we walk through the door. I nod and run up the stairs. Soon enough I'm changed and running back down them.
"Ready," I say with a happy chirpy voice before making my way out to Myles' car. We quickly stop off at his so he can grab his stuff and proceed on with our journey making a quick stop at Mcdonalds on the way. Once we've arrived at dance we sign ourselves in and head to the studio. It's a quieter day as we're focusing on solos and duets and there's only a handful of dancers who have solos and duets. I'm quiet lucky as I have both.
Usually I'd duet with Devon but Allain insisted I did a duet with Myles instead and Devon did one with Jessy. We four are the lucky ones who got both a solo and duet. But I'm not complaining.
Rehearsal went by pretty quick, it was quiet relaxed since Allain trusts us and knows we know our work well. Myles agreed to drop me off home to save Allain that extra journey, which was incredibly kind of him. The drives quiet but not like an awkward quiet, like a therapeutic quietness. Just appreciating each other's company.
As Myles pulls up to my house he gets out the car and opens the door for me (being the gentleman he is). I laugh politely and kiss his cheek as I get out.
"Thank you," I say as we're walking towards my house.
"No problem, anyway, I'd better get going," Myles says twiddling his car keys.
"Stay," I say instantly, "please."
Myles looks confused before walking a step closer to me.
"What's up?" He asks concerned.
"I just don't want to be alone. Not yet. I'm not used to having the house to myself and it's a feeling I'm trying to avoid at all costs." I say trying to convince him, when realistically I just want to spend time with him.
"Okay, but I need to get some stuff from home. Why don't you invite Devon and Jessy over?" He asks. I'm about to decline then think how weird that would seem. I nod and text our group chat. They both instantly reply with yes.
"B I'm going to go home real quick so get some stuff and I'll come back straight away." Myles says. I smile as he walks out the door and run upstairs. Do I let them sleep in one of the spare rooms or do I let them sleep on inflatable mattresses? Maybe I should let them chose.
I run towards the attic door and make my way up the stairs. Usually I'd be scared of going into the attic alone, but my mom had the attic converted into a guest bedroom with lots of storage space. That's also where we keep the spare mattresses, pillows and quilts.
My mom used to have 'girls night' every 3 month, where all her girlfriends would come over, play like 25 board games, tell their life stories and ghost stories, drink wine and then fall asleep. That's why we have 3 spare rooms and sleepover appliances. That all stopped when she met Neil. He changed her, she went from being like one big cuddly teddy bear to being a matured woman. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm just learning if to live with it.
Lost in my thoughts (yet again), I hear a knock on the door. I walk down the stairs towards the landing window, just to check who it is. I'm assuming it's Myles but I just can't be sure, that would be quick, I swear he just left. Stood there promptly on the door step is a girl.