5

I ran into my room dragging Myles along with me and curled into a little ball. I could feel Myles stroking my hair in attempt to calm me down. I hate storms, with a strong passion. It's my worst phobia. The thunder is getting louder and the lightening is getting that close that it's lighting the room up, more than my bedroom light would. I feel Myles standing up and walking out of my room. I start getting worried, what if he leaves me alone? How will I cope when we go to bed, where will he sleep? Where will I sleep? All these thoughts take over my mind and without even realising Myles is sat down next to me again.
I uncurl myself from the little ball I was in.
"Where did you go?" I ask full of wonder and curiosity.
"Well I went to see if the gas was still working so I could run you a nice warm bubble bath." He says with a chuckle, probably at how ridiculously scared I am. "The taps on, it should be a few minutes." He says again with a small smile whilst looking directly into my eyes.
"Thank you," I respond whilst putting my hand on his shoulder. Wait what am I even doing?
He looks at my hand and then back into my eyes.
"I would put candles around the bath to make some sort of light but I know you'd probably end up singeing your hair off or something ridiculous like that." He says with a laugh, he's not wrong. Once my Jessy had a scented candle on in her room when me, Myles and Devon were sleeping over and I went to smell it and ended up burning half my eye brow off. How does someone manage to do that?
I laugh at the memory and then Myles pulls a torch out his pocket.
"So instead of candles you'll have to use this." He says with a slight smirk. He passes me the torch and goes to turn the tap off. I follow him into the bathroom and smile. The bubbles are taller than me! It's just like what our moms used to do. When we were younger, Myles had a paddling pool and every day I visited throughout most summers our moms used to get big bottles of bubble bath and just empty them into the little inflatable pool to see how many bubbles they could make. I think I have most of my happy memories with Myles. Not that I can complain. Myles is one of a kind.
I look towards him in adoration and he smiles and then leaves the room. I quickly take my clothes off and jump into the bath. It's perfect temperature. I can't see anything over the bubbles, there's just so many. He's so thoughtful.
After what feels like forever I decide to finally get out. I grab a towel and begin to dry. I surely can't be the only person that does a drying off dance? As I'm doing my little dance I realise I've left my pyjamas In my room. I wrap the towel sufficiently around me and walk out the bathroom, using Myles torch for guidance. I enter my room and see Myles fast asleep on my bed. I smile to myself a little before grabbing my pyjamas and some fresh underwear and running back towards the bathroom. I hear the thunder again and begin to speedily get changed. Thank God it seems to have gotten further away and the electricity begin to flicker on.
I walk back into my room and sit next to Myles, who is still fast asleep, on my phone. It's getting late so I put my phone down, do a quick run of the house to make sure I've switched all the lights off and get into bed next to him, ensuring to cover him in quilt. Luckily he has his joggers on from dance, so he should be pretty comfortable.
I quickly text Franci to let her know the situation and then snuggle into Myles and drift off to sleep.