2

Isaac was in charge of the music, so the whole 15 minute journey there was like a party. Once we arrived we walked into the building and signed in, Devon and I  started warming up in the studio greeting everyone as they arrived. Once we see Jessy & Myles we go into the far right corner and begin to do our usual stretch routine. A few years back we four were selected to go to a 2 week intensive dance camp in California and every day we did the same warm up and stretches. So we decided to continue it when we got back. I mean it does get boring when you've done it over 75 times but we've never had a dance related injury since.
"Positions," Allain shouted walking into the studio and turning the music on. I take my place next to Myles and begin to dance. We're in the middle of practising for our annual summer showcase. I love the showcase, it's a red carpet event, loads of celebrity dancers come and we put on a huge production. It's truly magical.

Class was only an hour and a half long today but Allain still had other classes to teach meaning I had to stay until they were all done. Devon's aunt picked him up so he could go swimming with his younger cousin, which I find quite sweet, so he wasn't getting a lift back with us. I decided to sit in the snack bar in the reception area of the building with Myles. Myles also gets a lift home with Allain since his mom works weekends at her talent agency just a few blocks from the studio. I guess she just drops him off on the way to work.
I order myself a caramel Frappuccino and a choc chip muffin and Myles orders a banana and one of those green fitness smoothies which looks like the green giant, from green giant sweetcorn, just threw up into a cup.
"What's even in that?" I asked with a polite laugh
"You know, I actually have no idea, try some," he says pushing the cup slightly towards me. I hesitantly pick the cup up and take a small sip. I think I'll stick to my caramel Frappuccino. We talk for a while about dance and life in general. He is such a good listener, he always has been. Our moms used to be really good friends but just stopped talking for no apparent reason. I mean my mom still talks about Franci like they're still super close but I can't remember the last time they even had a conversation. I'm not even sure if Francis number is even still saved in my moms phone. It's weird how things and people change. Some times you think things are going to last forever but they just don't. For some reason I decide to ask Myles
"How's your mom?"
Was that a smart move? Maybe he knows the reason our moms stopped talking. Have I just made a complete fool of myself? Come on Briar.
"She's really well, always working though. You and your mom should come over some time, I'm sure she'd love to see you both. She was just asking about you the other day." Myles says with a warm smile. Maybe he doesn't know then. Oh well.
"I'd love that, my moms away for quite some time, so I'll suggest it to her when she's back." I say with a smile.
We must have been talking for a while because it was 17:30 by the time I checked my phone, just as Allain came to get us.