♡ Soulmate ♡

"I'm so glad you're my soulmate." Tom's soulmate wrote on their arm. The ink soon showed up on Tom's own arm.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Tom wrote on his arm, in his curly writing. Tom and his soulmate had been talking, well, writing, to each other all day. Neither knew the other's name, only calling each other couple nicknames such as, 'love', 'sweetheart', and 'honey'. But the two soulmates were planning on meeting soon, since they both lived in London. They decided to meet at a small cafe they were both familiar with.

"Do you think fate brought us together?" Tom wrote on his arm, the blue ink shining with the light. He patiently awaited his love's reply.

"Oh, absolutely, and I thank fate for putting us together." Tom's soulmate wrote back. Tom sighed and daydreamed about meeting with his soulmate. Soon, he felt the familiar sensation of writing on his arm. A bold message from his one and only soulmate.

"Let's meet tomorrow." Tom's eyes slightly widened in surprise. They weren't planning on meeting for another month or so, but nonetheless, he agreed.

"Alright, let's meet at the cafe tomorrow at two. Will that work with you?" Tom wrote quickly, the ink from his pen smudging slightly. Tom's soulmate responded with a simple heart. Tom set down his blue pen, and pulled down his sleeves. He didn't want his roommates to see the slightly embarrassing messages on his arm. Tom stretched out his arms, and exited his room. He glanced around a bit, before making his way to the couch. He sat down, and stared at the blank television screen, his mind clouded with thoughts. What would his soulmate look like? Would his soulmate be scared of his eyes? He best not question it until the time arose tomorrow. 

"Tom?" A familiar voice questioned. Tom looked up at the owner of the voice. It was his friend, and roommate Edd. Tom raised his hand in a weak wave.

"You still alive in there?" Edd asked, gently patting Tom's head. Tom shakily sighed.

"Yeah, just kind of nervous. My soulmate said they want to meet tomorrow, and I'm kind of scared on what they'll think of me.." Tom said, rubbing his arm.

"No way! I asked my soulmate if they want to meet tomorrow!" Edd said, cheerfully. Tom looked at Edd with wide eyes. At the same time, they both pulled up their sleeves, to see different writing. Edd's soulmate wrote in glittery purple pen, while Tom's wrote in plain black.

"Oh, looks like we're not soulmates!" Edd said, optimistically. Tom was kind of relieved, He's always only seen Edd as a friend. Tom sat there for a few moments, before getting up finally, and going to the  door.

"I'm going to go for a walk to clear my head." Tom said, as he waved to Edd, walking out the front door.

Once Tom was a good distance from home, he started to fantasize about his soulmate. He didn't exactly care what they looked like as long as they were shorter than him, which was unlikely, Tom was pretty short. Tom stopped walking to see the cafe he and his soulmate planned to meet at tomorrow. Tom was very nervous about his soulmate. What if they don't like him? They'd have to spend the rest of their life hating their soulmate. Tom sighed sadly, and turned the opposite direction, heading home.

Once Tom got home, he decided to sleep the day away, so maybe he'd be able to meet them sooner. Tom walked into his room, and closed the door gently behind him. He got into bed, not bothering to change into pajamas, he'd just be uncomfortable until he finally fell asleep.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡

Tom was currently getting ready. He had already showered, and now he was deciding on what to wear. He usually didn't put much thought into his outfit, but today was a special occasion.
'Well, It's not every day you meet your soulmate.' Tom thought choosing out an outfit. Tom put on a short-sleeved white shirt, and a blue flannel jacket on top. The outfit was casual, but still looks like he put effort into his outfit, which he did. As he was tying the laces on his black converse he decided to wear, he quickly checked the time. One-forty-five. Tom hurriedly walked out the door, and made his way to the cafe.

As Tom was walking to the cafe, he felt writing on his arm. Tom's soulmate used a different pen today. Today they used a glittery pink pen. Tom smiled at this, and finally read the writing.

"I'm at table twenty-six." Tom quickly pulled out his own pen, and wrote shakily, as he was still walking:

"I'm almost there, love." Tom quickly checked the time again. One-fifty-five. The cafe was closely in sight. Tom quickly entered the cafe, slightly out of breath.

"Table for how many?" The waiter asked politely. 

"I need to get to table twenty-six." Tom said quickly and excitedly. The waiter led Tom to the table. He looked at the table number: Twenty-Six. He looked at the person sitting there. There sat his soulmate. His love. The person he'd spend the rest of his life with. Tord.

"Tord?! Y-You're my soulmate?!" Tom exclaimed, surprised. Tord was already in shock, as he quickly pulled up his sleeve. The writing on his arm were the very same messages on Tom's own arm.

"Well, um, I-I don't really know what to say.." Said Tom, slowly sitting down across from Tord. Tord was probably unable to speak, from his initial shock, so instead, he pulled out the pink, glittery pen, and wrote on his arm.

"At least I already know you." Was written on both of their arms, somewhat shakily. Tom drew a little heart next to it. Tom saw Tord smile at the message.

"Maybe, since we love our soulmates, we can love each other." Tom wrote. Tord read quickly what was written.

"Maybe indeed." Tord wrote in turn.

Tom and Tord spent the rest of the day together, talking, laughing, and getting to know each other more than either had ever cared to before. At the end of the day, Tom and Tord were walking home together, hand-in-hand. They both walked together, in a peaceful silence.

"Do you think fate brought us together?" Tom asked suddenly, looking down at his feet. Tord looked at him.

"Oh, absolutely, and I thank fate for putting us together."