♡ Monster ♡

♡ Requested by: patchipikatrash ♡
♡ Warning: Gore ♡
♡ Also, there's cursing in the song (sorry) ♡
♡ Tom ♡

I laid on the ground of my cave, my tail curled around me. I was a monster, in a literal sense. I had horns, a tail, claws, weird, long ears, and animalistic feet. This form, is what I called the stage of 'half-shift' when I was in full shift, I was around four feet taller, my two eyes merge into one, and the rest of my body gets bigger. This form was called the 'full shift'

Don't ask how I turned into a monster, I don't exactly know. 

I was in my cave, just peacefully minding my business. I was waiting patiently  for my half-shift to 'wear off' so I could go into town, and buy some supplies. Villagers often saw me, but thought nothing of me. I've seen some of the villagers in the forest, when I was in my half-shift and my full shift, so I've practically become a public nuisance.

Finally, after around twenty minutes of waiting, my horns retracted into my skull, and my tail, ears, feet, and claws shrunk. I was left in my cave. I stood up, and brushed myself off. I remember when that first happened, it was excruciatingly painful. I picked my cloak off of the ground, and put it on. I walked out of my cave, and into the forest. I peacefully walked, before running into a strange flyer, pinned to a tree. I looked at it, and it read:

Beware! There is a monster in these forests! It will kill you on sight! Bring weapons, be prepared!

I groaned, and ripped the flyer off of the tree. It's better for me if they don't bring weapons. I shoved the flyer into my pocket, and walked into town. I glanced around, at everyone. They were minding their own business. However, there was a small group gathered near the center of town. It peaked my interest, so I joined the crowd. 

In the middle, was a bored looking guy. He had goggles sitting upon his head, and his hair peaked into two horns. He was bored by the speakings of the mayor. He had a crossbow strapped across his back.

I flinched slightly at the sight of the crossbow. Being a monster, the monster, I've had an unpleasant experience with crossbows.

The man looked at me, and his eyes widened when he saw me. Assumedly, he was startled by my eyes. I flipped up the hood of my cloak, and walked away, starting back to my cave. I forgot what I was supposed to be getting anyways.  As I walked, I felt my horns come out of my head. I tapped the tip of one of my horn. It stayed out, and it was just getting longer. I groaned, and walked quicker than before. I made it to my cave, and took off my cloak. I sat on the ground, and waited for the rest of my monster appendages to form. It hurt, but it was over quickly. I stood up, and walked out of my cave. There, I saw a man sneaking around. He had long brown hair, and he looked confident. As he turned to me, all his confidence was lost. He looked at me with wide eyes, and gasped. He shot his crossbow at me. I was too slow to react, and it shot right into my left eye. A monstrous scream escaped my lips, and I was angered now.

My claws sharpened, and I swung at him. He was frantically reloading his arrows, but he wasn't quick enough. I slapped the crossbow out of his hands, and stomped on it, effectively snapping it in half. I turned, and growled at him. With my large claws, I picked up the defenseless man, and slowly started applying pressure.

I saw him gasp for air. My sharp claws punctured his skin, and I felt his blood run down my claws. During the 'fight' I turned into my full shift. The arrow fell out in the process, covered with blood.

I ripped open his stomach, his intestines falling out. He gasped for air. I smiled as I watched the life slowly drain out of him. Before he was fully dead, however, he took a long knife, and stabbed it into me repeatedly. I dropped him to the ground.

Now that all the adrenaline was gone, the pain slowly started kicking in. I scurried back into my cave, and laid on the ground. It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts.

I laid on the ground, wallowing in pain.

♡ Tord ♡

While the mayor was giving his dumb speech, about how I'd 'save them all' and that I was a 'brave hero' While I was tuning out, I saw a man. He was interesting. His eyes were black. I wasn't dumb. I knew he wasn't human. He made eye contact with me. He flicked up his hood, and quickly walked into the forest. Back to his cave presumably. I stood up, cutting the mayor off. I took my crossbow off of my back, and started off, following him. 

As I walked, I lost him. I walked aimlessly for around twenty minutes, until I heard a high pitched, inhuman screech. I perked up, and ran in that direction. I came upon the scene. A giant, nine foot monster was holding a man. There was an arrow, covered in blood on the ground. The man shot it into him. Where..? Oh. In his eye. The man was slowly being killed. Just as he was about to die, he stabbed one, two, three times into the monster. The monster dropped him, and started shrinking. The monster left the man on the ground, and quickly went into his cave.

I followed. 

I found the man from earlier. One of his eyes a bloody mess, and blood quickly escaping his stomach. He looked at me, in fear, and misery. I looked at him in pity. I knelt down to him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered into his ear. He let out a long, pitiful whine. He knew what was coming.

I wish I could have spared him. I have a job to do. I aimed my crossbow, at his head. To end him quicker.

"please." was the only word that came out of his mouth. 

I shot him, and killed him.

I was a hero.

I felt the guilt. 

I got the reward.

I was a hero.

not in my eyes.