♡ Wrong ♡

♡ Major Trigger Warning ♡

Tom sat at the edge of his bed, glancing down at the scars that almost completely covered his arms. Nobody tells you that when you cut yourself, the scars itch. They drive you crazy, with the constant scratching of the scabs, just hurting yourself more.

Tom thought back on why he started cutting himself. He hated the way he looked. He hated the way people would talk about him, in small whispers, as if he couldn't hear them. He still hates the way he looks, and he still hates the way people talk about him. Tom clenched his fists, small amounts of blood escaping the cuts he made just a few minutes ago. 

Tom was tired of the way life was going. He was tired of waking up. Every day was the exact same. Wake up. Go eat breakfast. Get teased by Tord. Cry. Cut. Contemplate life's decisions. Drink. Sleep. If Tom could name his daily schedule in eight steps, then he wasn't in good shape.

What if one day, he were to.. cut too deep.. cut for just a little bit longer than usual. exceed limits, little by little. Just a little bit more bloodshed than usual. Tom smiled at the thought. The thought of just sleeping. Forever. Eternally. It wouldn't phase anybody to much, right? Tord couldn't care less. Tord never liked Tom. Matt wouldn't even know who Tom is. 'who is that again?' he'd say when he was told the news. Edd would be the only one who would remotely care. He'd be over it within a week.

The next day, Tom decided to change his schedule. Permanently. He took his pocketknife, and cut, just a little bit deeper than normal. He held the knife to his wrist, and physically felt the blood drain from his left wrist. He shakily took the pocket knife, and did the same to his right wrist. He pressed harder, inky black tears escaping his eyes. It hurts, it hurts, it hurts. it'll be over soon. you'll be alright soon. it'll all be okay soon. just a few more minutes- maybe even seconds. it's fine it's fine, you're fine it's alright.

"Where's Tom?" Tord asked the following afternoon. nobody had seen Tom come out of his room for at least the entire day. edd was on the couch, drinking a cola. He shrugged, but didn't make an effort to move.

"he's probably drunk again. you know, just like always." Edd said, taking a sip of his drink. Matt pulled his attention away from his mirror for a moment.

"Who is that?" matt asked, looking back at his beautiful face. Edd sighed, and looked at tord. tord knew what was coming. edd would look at tord sadly, and say 'would you please go check on him? For me?' and tord would have to go check on him. tord groaned, standing up. he trudged through the hallway. about halfway through to tom's room, tord smelt something funny. maybe it's a new alcohol tom bought?

tord carefully put his hand on tom's door knob. He turned it, hopeful that tom was drunk, so he wouldn't have to deal with tom. he pushed open the door, and took a step back. oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no. this wasnt what he wanted this wasn't what was supposed to happen. 

tord stared at the body that used to be his friend at one point. sure, tom and tord fought quite a bit, but they still had an alright friendship. edd could sense that something was wrong, so he came down the hall, and stood next to tord. he looked into tom's room, and gasped. a pool of blood, surrounding one of his best friends, and a knife. edd started tearing up. why wouldn't he? matt tried to look into the room, to see what the commotion was about, but edd pushed him back.

"tom..?" tord whispered, in shock. he carefully stepped over to the corpse, and held tom's head. blood got on his clothing, and on his hands, but he couldn't care less. he looked at tom's pale, white skin. his face had some of the blood on it, from when he assumedly fell onto the floor.

tom thought nobody would be effected by his suicide. 

boy, was he wrong. 

tord basically stopped living. he wouldn't eat, he would barely talk, and during the night, you could hear soft sobs from his room. 

matt didn't exactly know what happened, but he could tell that his friend was gone. gone for good. he wasnt ever going to come back, and matt knew it. tom was gone.

edd was devastated. he basically stopped drinking cola, he had bags under his eyes, from loss of sleep, and he would just sit on the couch, and stare in silence.

all together as a group, they were incomplete. they were missing an important part of the puzzle, that tied the group together nicely. without tom, it was like trying to shove three puzzle pieces together that don't fit. 

they just didn't fit.