♡ Letters ♡

♡ Tom ♡ 

It was very late. Around two or three in the morning. Unholy time. I walked down the hall to get some water. I saw a light on in Tord's room, through the crack in the closed door, but I decided not to mess with it. I walked into the kitchen. 

"Ehh.. Screw water, I'm getting Smirnoff." I mumbled to myself, taking a bottle of my favorite drink. I twisted the cap off, hurting my fingers slightly. I took a few drinks of the liquor. Since it was late, and I was already drowsy, I had gotten drunk quickly. I made a bold decision to go to bed, so, as I was making my way to my room, I had gotten distracted by Tord's room. I opened the door, and saw Tord, asleep at his desk, many papers scattered there as well. I went over to him and poked him. He didn't move.

"Are you dead, commie?" I whispered, drunkenly. He didn't respond. I decided to take a look at my surroundings. There were many pieces of paper on the desk. I took a one, and shoved it into my hoodie pocket carelessly. I walked over to Tord's door, and out of his room, flicking his light off, and closing the door gently behind me.

I then stumbled to my room, in a drunken haze, eventually getting in my bed, and passing out.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

I woke up, with a mild hangover. It was manageable, and I didn't need pain killers. I got up, rubbing my head. I don't exactly remember anything from last night. I walked out of my room, and as I was passing Tord's room, I saw him, frantically searching for something. I knocked on the doorway entrance, catching Tord's attention. He looked at me, and he looked scared.

"Yes? What is it?" He said quickly.

"Uh, well, I just wanted to know what you were looking for." I said, taken aback by his suddenness. 

"Nothing." He said, turning around, and basically shunning me. I shrugged, and stuck my hands in my pockets. Instead of meeting the soft fabric of my hoodie, my hands touched paper. I pulled the paper out, and looked at it confused. It was a letter, addressed to... me? I decided not to read it here, so I went back into my room.

I closed the door behind me, and turned on my light so I could read the letter.

Tom,
This is going to sound really weird,
and you're probably going to hate me
for the rest of your life, but I don't care.
I really need to tell this to you, because it
is tearing my insides up to keep this from you.
I'm rambling.. Whatever, this is probably ending up
in the trash with the rest of my letters..
Listen Tom, the point is, I really like you. It's going to
sound cliche, but I just didn't know how to show you.
Tord.

I looked at the letter with wide eyes. Tord liked me? I thought he hated me! Was this what he was looking for earlier? This letter? I walked over to my dresser, and opened it, carefully setting the letter in a secret corner of my dresser. I wanted to keep this for a while.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

I was sitting on the couch, when Tord came into the room. It looks like he had given up searching for his 'mystery' item. I kind of see Tord in a 'new light' because of my discovering of his feelings. I notice little details about him that I didn't see before. Tord has freckles, and he has a little gap between his teeth, and because of that, and his added accent, he talks with a slight lisp. It's hard to notice, but it's there.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" I asked, smiling. Tord eyed me suspiciously.

"Did you take it." He said, narrowing his eyes. 

"No. Why would I take it, if I don't even know what it is?"  I said, innocently. He glared at me, and got up, walking to his room. I got up, and went after him. He walked into his room, and I followed. He turned around to see me.

"What do you want?" He asked, boredly.

"I- uh., just wanted to say good luck finding your things." I said, slightly awkwardly. I went back into my room quickly. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and saw that my face was flushed a bright red. Oh how embarrassing, I hope Tord didn't notice..

  ♡ Last Time Skip ♡ 

I was sitting in my room at my desk, when I heard a knock on the door. I turned around in my chair, and looked at the door.

"Come in!" I called out. The door slowly creaked open, and there stood Tord. He came in and handed me a letter. I smiled at him.

"What's this?" I asked curiously, although I had a feeling I knew what it would be. Tord just shook his head, muttering 'this is a bad idea' under his breath. Tord quickly left after, closing the door harder than he intended. I looked at the letter. This time, he put it into an envelope. I carefully opened the envelope, making sure not to rip it. I pulled out the piece of paper, and unfolded it, reading what he had written:

Well, Tom, I can already tell this is a really bad idea.
I noticed you were acting differently lately, and 
that's what gave me the courage to write, and
send this letter. I am honestly terrified right now.
well, here it goes. Tom, I like you. A lot. I hope you 
feel the same way, if not, i'll probably move away,
and live in a pit for the rest of my life.
goodbye
-Tord.

I laughed at the letter quietly. It started out good, but I think he fumbled a bit in the end. Cute. I stood up, and pinned the letter to the cork board I had in my room. I walked out of my room, and over to Tord's. I knocked lightly. Tord opened it slightly. He was nervous, he looked very scared, his face was flushed, and he looked overall, terrified. I don't blame him. 

"Y-yes..?" He asked, shakily.

"Can I come in?" I asked, smiling up at him. He opened the door, and stepped back a few steps to let me in. On his bed sat a suitcase, it was open, and he had not yet started packing. I took the suitcase, and closed it, putting it back into Tord's closet. I smiled, and walked over to Tord, who was watching me intensely. I stood up on my tip-toes, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Your letter was very nice."