♡ Red Thread ♡

♡ For those of you who don't know, the red string is basically a soulmate type thing. ♡
 ♡ Tom ♡

I stared at my fingers. Right now, we were in school, talking about the red string, that intertwines the fate between you, and your soulmate. My fingers stayed clear of any red string. I looked confused, but I didn't ask any questions.

The bell rang, and class was over. I walked into the lunch room, sitting down at the regular table I sit at with my friends, Edd, and Matt. Edd came running in, sitting down at the table.

"Tom! Did you actually listen in class today?! It was so interesting!" Edd shouted. I nodded.

"My string leads out that door!" Edd said, pointing to the cafeteria door. "Where does yours lead, Tom?" I looked at my hands. I didn't want to be outcasted, more than I already was, because of my eyes. I pointed to a random door.

"You seem sad, what's wrong?" Edd asked, more calmly. I shrugged. I didn't want to get too into it. Matt came over, and sat down with his tray.

"Edd! Look at my string!" Matt shouted, oblivious to the fact that Edd couldn't see it.

"..Matt... I can't see your string." Edd said.

"Oh yeah! I forgot, sorry!" Matt said, happily looking at where his string would be. 

After chatting for a few minutes, me mainly staying silent, until the bell rang again, telling us to get to our next class.

  ♡ Time Skip A Few Weeks ♡ 

Right now, we were at Edd's house for a sleepover. We were in a circle, playing a classic game of truth or dare.

"Tom! Truth or Dare!" Matt shouted, excitedly. 

"Uh.. Truth..?" I said, questionably. I hoped this wouldn't be a mistake.

"What's something you've never told anybody before?" Matt asked, smiling wickedly. There was only really one thing that came to mind when he said that.

"Okay.. You guys have to promise not to tell anybody though.." I said, slightly quieter than before. Edd and Matt nodded with interest.

"I don't have a string." I said, looking at my string clear hands. Edd gasped quietly, and Matt looked at me confused.

"What does that mean?" Edd asked. I shrugged sadly. Edd came over, and hugged me.

"It's alright" He said, comfortingly.

"I don't really care." I lied, it's a good thing I was good at lying.

"Is there anything else anyone wants to talk about..?" Matt said, trying to change the subject. I was glad for it.

"Oh yeah! I'm letting a foreign exchange student stay with me for a while! He's from Norway! He comes tomorrow!" Edd said excitedly. I looked up at Edd. He was very excited, it seems.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

The next morning, Edd came into school with a tall boy. He wore a red hoodie, and had hair, gelled into two horns on his head. He looked nice enough. I walked up to them.

"Hi Edd." I said, waving. I turned to the new guy.

"Hi, I'm Tom." I said, sticking my hand out. Tord looked at it like he had no clue what I was doing.

"Edd, what to do?" He said, leaning over to Edd, and whispering to him. I smiled. Edd leaned up to him, and whispered 'shake his hand, and say your name.'

He took hold of my hand, and shook it vigorously. I laughed at this. He looked at me worried.

"Did I do wrong?" He asked, looking at me sadly. "Sorry, sorry, forgot. I am Tord." He said, letting go of my hand. I smiled at him again.  The bell rang, and we headed into the school. Tord and I had our first class together. We had 'Soulmate Study' a newer class, based entirely on soulmates. I wasn't doing too good in this class.

"Alright class, today we have a new student. His name is Tord! Would you like to come up?" She asked, gesturing to Tord. The teacher had placed Tord and I together, since he seemed to know me.

"Thomas, what to do?" He asked, slightly panicked.

"Go up, and say 'I'm Tord, and I'm from Norway.'" I said, smiling. Tord stood up, and walked to the front of the room.

"I am Tord, from Norway." He said, standing there. He looked at the teacher for guidance.

"Can go sit down?" He asked, unhappy with being in the front. A few kids laughed, and the teacher smiled, and nodded. He quickly came back to his seat.

"That was scary." He said, frowning. I laughed quietly, and patted his arm.

"It's okay." 

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

It was lunch time, and I was sitting next to Edd, ranting on and on, about how cute, and amazing he is.

"Sounds like somebody's got a crush~!" Edd said, in a sing-song voice. It was true, but it made me sad.

"He's probably got a soulmate already." I said, setting my head on the table. I heard footsteps, but I didn't move.

"Hello, Thomas, what is matter?" Said a voice, I recognized as Tord. I lifted my head up slightly, to talk to him, but Edd cut in.

"Tord, do you have a soulmate?" Tord looked at Edd confused.

"What is soulmate..?" He asked, unsure. Edd decided he needed to simplify.

"Do you have a red string? On your finger?" Edd said, pointing at his finger, which assumedly, had his string on it. Tord looked down at his hands.

"...No..?" He asked. "Am supposed to? Where do I get one?" Edd looked at me happily. 

"Oh never mind, got one. What to do now?" Tord said, looking at Edd happily. Edd's smile dropped slightly. I looked at Tord's hands. I saw the string wrapped around his finger. That's strange, you're only supposed to see your own string.. I quickly looked down at my own hand to see the string on my own finger.

"Hey! Is connected to Thomas!" Tord pointed out, pointing to me. Edd's smile returned in full.

"You two are soulmates!"