♡ Memories ♡

♡ Many words taken from the song 'Cecily Smith' ♡

Tord sat at the small box, filled with pictures. Pictures of when Tom and Tord started dating.

♡ Flash Back ♡

Tord stood by the door.

"Mom, I'm going to go buy some cigarettes." He called. His father looked at Tord with slight disappointment.

"Why do you have to smoke so late?" He questioned, rubbing his head.

"I- I have a date." Tord said, coming up with a quick lie. Tord then exited the house, and walked throughout the dark neighborhood. About half way to the drug store, he ran into a boy, leaning against the railing, separating us, and the water. He noticed me, and turned to face me. He stuck out his hand, and said.

"My name is Thomas Thompson, and I hope you like music, because I've got two tickets to 'La Traviata'" He said, smiling. I gingerly took his hand, and shook it lightly. 

"I hate opera.." I said, sticking my hand in my pocket. He laughed, and said,

"Well, lucky for you, you're with Thomas Thompson, who cares what you're listening to, it's who you're listening with." Tom said, smiling. I couldn't help but smile as well.

We took our seats, his hands were in his lap. At least I can take a nap. I close my eyes as the orchestra begins. Then, I hear the violins. As I heard the violins play, I shudder a bit. A feeling, new, and surprising. it wasn't the sound, that made my heart pound. It was because his hand was in mine. And that's where it will stay until they play the final chord. He says,

"Were you bored?"  I say,

"I guess it wasn't so bad." It was the best time I ever had. He laughs and says,

"Well lucky for you, I've got Beethoven's fifth. Who cares what you are listening to, it's who you're listening with." 

A perfect husband,

A perfect life.

The time went by, way to quick, a week, a year, a marriage, and lots of fun. A place, where I can still hear his laugh, when I play the phonograph.

So, I let the music guide me, and I feel him sit beside me, 

A boy, just nineteen, I feel his head begin to lean, as the melody soars.

It doesn't feel like it could be, that night when you said to me: I've got two tickets for La Traviata

it's sad, but true, how much I miss you,

I miss you, Thomas Thompson,

life is not the things that we do, its who we're doing them with.

I sighed, and put the photos of back then back in the box. Gosh, I miss you Tom. What I would give to have you back in my life. 

Time to visit your grave again soon. I picked up two tickets for La Traviata. Just for you.

I love you.

Goodbye.