♡ Bird ♡

Tom was on his almost daily walk. He didn't really walk daily, but he wanted to, so that's got to count for something, right? Anyways, he was just walking down the street. It looked like it was going to rain soon. Dark gray clouds swirled in the sky, and cold wind was lightly blowing. Tom shivered, and pulled his coat closer to himself. As he was walking, he almost stepped on something. Tom stopped himself, and stumbled back. What did he almost step on?

It was a small bird egg.

Tom picked it up, and looked around for a nest. There wasn't one in sight. Tom looked at it with hope. Maybe he could save the poor bird? Well, hopefully it's a bird. Tom took off the scarf that we was wearing, and wrapped it snugly around the egg. Hopefully that keeps it warm. Tom didn't know the first thing about caring for birds. Honestly, he can't really care for any pets. He loves animals, but he just can't take care of them.

Tom turned around, and started walking back home. He put the egg close to his chest, attempting to protect it from the wind.

Tom walked in the door, closing it behind him. He took off all of his Winter gear, and walked to the living room. Now that he had his gloves off, he could tell how cold the egg was. He needed to warm it up, quickly. Tord was on the couch when Tom came home. Tom didn't even acknowledge him as he sat on the couch. Tom's full attention was on the tiny egg. Tom held it close to his body, hoping to warm it up.

"Tord, I need you to go get something warm." Tom said, finally recognizing Tord's presence. Tord didn't really argue as he got up, and went in search of something warm. He came back a few minutes later with one of his hoodies. He gave it to Tom. Tom put it on without argue, which was immediately a red flag. Tom would never willingly agree to wearing one of his hoodies. Tom hated Tord, so it was strange not seeing him argue about the hoodie.

"Okay, what's going on? You're acting weird." Tord asked, sitting on the couch. Tom pulled the small egg out of his shirt.

"Look, I found this on my walk. It was cold, and it was on the ground. I looked around, and I didn't see a nest anywhere, so I took it with me." Tom explained. He put the egg back in his shirt.

"Hold on, I think I might have an egg incubator somewhere." Tord said, getting up. Tom didn't want to ask why he had an egg incubator. Tord came back a minute later, carrying a small device.

"Okay, put it in, and we can check up on it later." Tord said, smiling.

A few weeks later, after checking up on the egg multiple times every day, Tom and Tord had fallen asleep at the table. Tom woke up, rubbing his eyes. He looked at the egg. What was that in the egg?! A.. A crack?! Tom quickly shook Tord's arm.

"Tord! Tord wake up! The egg is cracked!" Tom said, frantically. Tord woke up.

"Wh-What?" Tord said, looking at the egg. Tom and Tord watched it intently. Tord opened the incubator. He gently took the egg out, and set it on the table. They watched as the bird tried to break free from the egg. The continuous clicking off the bird's beak on the egg, made them feel hopeful.

Soon enough, the small bird broke free.

"Tord! Look at it!" Tom said excitedly. He held onto Tord's arm tightly, tears brimming in his eyes. He was so happy that his child that he worked hard to raise, was finally be 'born'. Well I guess Tord helped.

Tom made a high squeal of excitement, as the bird finally got out of the egg. Tom hugged Tord, tears now streaming down his eyes. He then kissed Tord on the cheek.

"I'm soo happy!" Tom said, practically sobbing now. That bird that he saved is alive. Living, and breathing, thanks to Tom and Tord. Tord hugged Tom, smiling.

"What should we name it?" Tord asked. The small bird flopped onto the table, it's eyes were huge, and since it was featherless, it looked weird. Tom and Tord didn't care.

"I don't know, but I love it."