♡ Stars ♡

♡ Requested by: Saltiest_Sardine ♡

It was finally the week of prom. Tom wanted to ask Tord, really badly. Tom would always have the opportune moment to ask him, like when they were at the park together, or just standing in the halls, or when they were at lunch, but Tom always chickened out. Tom psyched himself up. 

'I'm going to do it tonight!' Tom thought. Tom nervously walked up to Tord. He was standing next to Edd and Matt. Edd and Matt were having a conversation, leaving Tord out on accident. Tom shakily tapped Tord on the shoulder. Tord turned, and smiled at Tom. Tord knew Tom was a nervous little guy, so he always treated Tom gently.

"Yes, Tom?" Tord asked politely. Tom had pretty much lost all of his confidence that he had earlier, before he started talking to Tord.

"Wou-ld y-you um, meet m-me at the bac-k of the sc-hool aft-er s-school?" Tom asked, sweating nervously. Tord nodded, and smiled. Tom ran off. He couldn't handle feelings.

As Tord watched Tom run off, Edd and Matt noticed the interaction between the two. Edd turned to Matt, and slyly smiled. Edd scooted over, and nudged Tord with his elbow. Tord looked at Edd.

"I bet you a dollar he's gonna ask you out." Edd said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"He'd be way too nervous for that, Edd! Come on, it's as if you don't even know him!" Tord joked.

Meanwhile, Tom was having a small panic attack. Did he actually just do that?! He's setting himself up for failure! Tom slid down against his locker as the bell rang. Only three more hours to go.

Time Skip

Tord made his way to the back of the school, where he saw Tom, silently freaking out. He could tell. Tord walked up, and sat down next to Tom, startling him.

"Ah! T-Tord! You made it!" Tom said, fiddling with his sleeve nervously. Tord nodded.

"So, you have something to ask me?" Tord assumed. Tom nodded.

"Uh, um. W-will, um, will" Tom just couldn't seem to get the words out. After a few more attempts of trying to speak, Tom had enough of himself. 

"Gosh! Talking is way too hard! Tord, will you go to prom with me." Tom said somewhat angrily, before realizing he did it. Tom sunk back down into his pit of nervousness.

Tord stared at him with wide eyes. He couldn't say yes, no matter how badly he wanted to. Tord got up, and ran away. If you can't express your feelings, bury them until they are in a small hole. Tord left Tom, crying behind the school.

♡ Time Skip ♡

Tord felt awful for just leaving Tom there. The poor guy was probably devastated. Tord decided to walk to his favorite spot in the entire world. The hill, with the tree. It's a simple description, but it worked. Tord trudged up the slightly steep hill, to have shock run through him.

There was Tom, leaning against the tree. His hood was up, and there were tears in his eyes. Tord was fighting in his mind whether he should leave or not. He decided against it, and walked over to Tom. He sat down next to him. The two sat in silence for a while.

"Y-you could've just told me you hated me." Tom said, quietly. Tord looked at Tom.

"I don't hate you.. You just.. caught me by surprise." Tord whispered. They sat in another silence.

"Why'd you run away?"

"I-I don't know. I wanted to go with you.." Tord scooted closer to Tom. Prom had already started a while ago. It was probably half way over by now. Tord shuffled even closer to Tom, and put his hand on Tom's. Tom jolted in surprise, but didn't move his hand.

"Uh, Tom.. I-I always really liked you.." Tord said, gripping Tom's hand. Tom slowly turned to look at Tord. He was red faced, and staring at the ground. Tom smiled, and moved closer to Tord.

"If I didn't like you, why would I ask you to prom..?" Tom joked. This got Tord to smile. They watched as the sun went down, and stars slowly appeared in the sky. Tord felt that he got a text, and pulled out his phone. The text was from Edd.

ColaAddict: Where are u??? prom started

Commie: Not going

Tord shut off his phone, and put it away. The stars were fully out now, and Tom was gazing at them with widened eyes. Tord pulled off Tom's hood. Tom gave Tord a questioning look.

"You look better without your hood." Tord said, pulling Tom closer to him. Tom was probably blushing right now. Tord smiled, and put his head on top of Tom's head. 

This was better than prom.