♡ Petals ♡

♡ Requested by: patchipikatrash ♡
♡ Warning: Slight gore ♡ 

Most people liked flowers. Tom did not. Most people thought they were pretty, and innocent. Tom did not. Tom thought flowers only brought pain, and sadness, anxiety, and fear. Tom hid the disease from his friends. They were suspicious of the blood found regularly in his room, and checked Tom's wrists frequently. There weren't any marks on his arms, because that's not where the blood was coming from.

The disease was getting worse. Tom knew it. The petals were getting bigger, and Tom feared his life would soon come to an end. Tom knew who he loved, and refused to admit it for quite some time. It was Tord. Tom hated the fact that his heart had to choose the man he hated the most.

Tom was running out of time. Here he was, in the bathroom, his hands covered in his own blood. Red petals scattering the floor. A soft knock hit the door. Tom didn't reply.

"Tom? Can I come in?" The voice was Tord's. Tom didn't reply. The door clicked open, and Tord walked in, to see Tom, sitting on the floor knees up to his chest. Tom was clutching a petal tightly in his hand, and there were more scattered across the floor. There was blood. Lots of blood. Tord sat down next to Tom slowly.

"Hanahaki?" Tom nodded. Tom was staring at the petal. Maybe if he stared at it enough, it would get uncomfortable, and go away.

"I'm going to die soon, aren't I?" Tom asked quietly. At this point, it hurt for him to speak. Tord didn't know what to do, or what to say.

"You can stop it." Tord finally said, after a pause. Tom didn't face Tord, and continued to stare.

"Do you know who you love?" Tord asked, looking at the scene of the bloody bathroom. Tom nodded.

"I hate them, but my heart doesn't." Tom said, even quieter than before. Tord sighed, and looked at him. Tord hated him, but not enough that he wanted him dead.

"I'll help you, who is it?" Tord spoke quietly, almost matching Tom's tone.

"you." 

Tord froze. He looked at Tom with wide eyes. He was still staring at the petal, with small tears in his eyes. Tord knew Tom probably didn't want to love him, but his heart left him with no choice.

"I love you too." Tord lied. He wanted Tom to live. He didn't want his friend to die. Tom looked at him finally, with unbelieving eyes. Tord hugged Tom tightly. Tom hesitantly hugged back.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

Tom didn't get better like he thought he would. Tom and Tord sat on the couch. Tom was holding Tord's hand. Tord was uncomfortable. Tom could tell. The TV was on, and they were 'watching' it. Tord was most likely watching it, while Tom was lost in his thoughts. Why wasn't the disease going away? Why were the petals still there? Tom knew the answer, but didn't want to admit it. There were many things Tom didn't want to admit.

"You don't really love me." Tom said, looking at his feet. His throat burned from being scratched by many thorns that had come from his lungs. Tom could feel Tord look at him.

"Of course I do, what makes you say that?" Tom could hear the lies slip through his mouth as if they were nothing.

"The disease stayed." Tord didn't say anything, but instead, started rubbing the back of Tom's hand. Tom said nothing.

  ♡ Time Skip ♡ 

Tord went from room to room, looking for Tom. He hadn't seen him in a few hours, but he was getting slightly worried. Tom didn't speak much anymore, and was refusing to be near Tord. Tord opened the door to Tom's room, and gasped lightly. Tom sat on the floor, leaning on his bed. His black eyes were open, and thorns with pretty roses were wrapped tightly around his throat, cutting off his air. Tom was dead. Tord quickly went over to Tom, and pulled out his pocket knife, cutting the flowers off, as if to save Tom. Tord knew he was working for a lost cause.  

Tord called the police, and paramedics, which quickly arrived. They knew they couldn't save him. Tord decided he would be the one to hold Tom's funeral.

Days later, Tom's friends and family were at his funeral. Tord had set the entire thing up. Tord was now standing next to Tom's body, lying in a casket. Tom wore a nice suit, but a single red rose was clutched tightly in his hand. Tord felt sorrow looking at his friend.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you."