♡ Animal Shelter ♡

Tord leaned on the counter. Tord worked in an animal shelter. It wasn't as fun as it sounded. There was constant barking, and meowing, hissing, and loud squaking from birds. Tord often had to break up fights between the animals as well. One of the only upsides to his job, was the boy that would come in to pet the cats whenever he was sad. Tord could tell that he was sad, because he was constantly frowning when he came in, but smiled when he left. He liked the cats, and the cats liked him. They would meow in recognition, and follow him when he came in. He'd laugh, and sit on the ground, petting the cats through the cages.

Tord heard the bell attached to the door ring. He looked up, and lo and behold, the man walked in. He was frowning, and almost on the verge of tears. He walked straight to the cats, and sat down on the ground. Many cats meowed, and walked over, pressing their faces up against the cage. The man laughed, and stuck his hand through, petting the cats. Tord smiled, watching him. He seemed so happy with the animals. Tord grabbed the set of keys, hanging on the wall, walked over, and locked the front door. He did that so the cats wouldn't escape.

Tord walked to the man, and sat down next to him.

"I can open the door, y'know." Tord said. He startled the man. He looked over at Tord, with wide eyes. Yet another thing Tord adored about him. His eyes were very pretty, as he had none. How he can see, is still a secret to Tord.

"Oh, um, that'd be nice." The man said quietly. Tord smiled, and put the key into the cage, unlocking the door. Several cats walked out, and sat on the ground next to the man, making him smile.

"I'm Tord." Tord said, picking up one of the cats. He set it down in his lap, and started petting it slowly.

"I-I'm Tom. Nice to meet you." Tom said. Tord smiled, looking at Tom. He was a very strange person, but in a good way. Tord stopped petting the cat, and just watched as Tom continually pet multiple cats. The time passed quicker than Tord wanted, and it was almost time to close. Tord sighed, and started putting the cats back in their cages. Tom noticed, and started helping.

Tord unlocked the door, and let Tom out. He was smiling, and he looked happy. Tord watched happily from the door.

He liked Tom.

♡ I ran out of songs, so you guys will have to be songless from now on ♡