♡ Eyes, Blue ♡

♡ Tord ♡

I sat in my desk, leaning back. I wasn't really paying attention. I zoned out for a bit, before the door opened, creaking loudly. A boy, in a blue hoodie stood there, looking nervously at the teacher.

"Am I in the right class?" He asked. The teacher looked at her attendance chart.

"Um, Thomas, right?" The boy nodded. Thomas, Hm, nice name.  "Alright, go sit over there, in the corner." She said, point to a chair a few seats down from mine. I looked at him, like the rest of the class. We didn't get many new students in the school.

"Hey, attention!" The teacher said sternly. Back to zoning out.

By the end of class, the bell rang. The new kid, Thomas, was looking lost. I tapped him on the shoulder. He spun around, and looked at me. That's when I noticed something strange about him. His eyes.

They were bright blue.

Almost un-natural.

"Uh, d-do you need help?" I asked, caught off guard by his eyes. He nodded. He handed me his schedule, and I took a look at it.

"You have Language Arts next. That's pretty close to my class, do you want to walk with me?" I asked, nicer than before. He nodded quickly. He was probably glad to have someone to be nice to him. So, off we went, to Thomas' next class.

Once we got there, I waved my arm out to the class.

"Well, this is your class." I said, smiling. 

"Um, thank you." He said, smiling wider than I did. I stared at his eyes. They're just so.. bright..

"No problem! See you later!" I said, walking in the opposite direction, to my next class.

"Wait!" He said. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Oh! I'm Tord!" I said cheerfully. I waved, and turned around, walking away.

After class had finally finished, it was time for lunch. I sat in my spot, next to Edd, and across from Matt. That's just how we would sit. I couldn't help but think of the bright blue eyes of Thomas.

"What're you thinking about?" Edd asked, opening a cola. 

"This guy I met in first period today." I said, resting my head on my hand. Edd and Matt made a suggestive face, and said 'ooo!' 

"Not like that. His eyes, are blue, like, un-natural. It's weird.." I said, thinking once again about the mysterious eyes. Then I saw him. Tom was just aimlessly walking around. I caught his eye, and waved him over. He came, and sat next to Matt.

"Uh Hi." He said, somewhat quietly.

"You looked like you needed a friend." I said, smiling. Thomas smiled slightly, and nodded.

"I'm Edd, and this is Matt!" Edd said, gesturing to the red-head sitting beside Tom.

"What's up with your eyes? They're pretty, but they're very blue." Matt said. Edd gasped.

"Matt! Stop being so rude!" Edd said, putting a hand to his chest.

"Um, no, it's alright. They're contacts." Tom said, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked nervous.

"Are they color changed?" I asked curiously. He looked more nervous now. He's hiding something. He hesitantly nodded. I was about to ask what his actual eye color was, but the bell rang.

♡ Time Skip to One Week ♡

Tom and I are pretty much best friends now. We've hung out after school, between classes, and before school. Tom and I were now in the awful tree house we made over the weekend. It probably wasn't safe, but we didn't care. 

"Y'know, I never actually showed you my eyes." Tom brought up, breaking the moment of slight silence. This caught my interest. Tom would usually change the subject when his eyes were brought up.

"I'll show you them, on two conditions," Tom started. "You still have to be friends with me, and you can't judge me." He said, pointing at me. I nodded my head quickly.

"Why would your eyes change our friendship?" I asked. Tom just sighed, and started taking out his contacts. He took them out, and had his eyes shut tightly.

He opened his eyes, and they were pitch black.

"Woah! That is so cool!" I said, taking his face in my hands. His face was flushed red.

"Why do you hide these? They're way cool!" I exclaimed. 

"No they're not." He said, breaking eye contact with me. He looked down at the ground. He obviously didn't have all that much self confidence. I kissed his forehead, and sat back, against the wall of the tree house.

"Your eyes are better black, than blue."