♡ Sailor's Tales and Siren Scales ♡

Tom floated close to the surface of the water. He was so close, that if he reached up maybe one or two feet, he'd break the surface. Tom sighed. He wanted to know what was up there. There was so much potential! Just as Tom was about to stick his hand above the water, he felt something drag him down quickly. It was heavy, and felt like metal. He looked at the strange object weighing him down. It was an anchor? 

Tom hit the bottom of the ocean floor, the anchor weighing down on his stomach. He pushed it off with struggle, and looked up. There was a large wooden boat. Tom had been told to stay clear of boats, as they held what the mermaids called 'land dwellers' Tom quickly swam up to the boat, examining the parts that were in the water. 

On the upside of the water, stood Tord, watching his men dock onto the island. He stood proud, as they had narrowly escaped death just a few hours ago. They were on the island said to have held many treasures. Tord soon got off of the boat, and examined his surroundings. 

Tord pulled a small map, known only to his eyes. On it was the direction to the supposed treasure. Tord left, without a word, following the directions. Usually he would share information with his first mate, Pat, but this was far too important, and he couldn't let anything slip.

"Patryk!" Tord shouted, gaining Pat's attention. He quickly walked over to Tord, and stood stiffly. 

"Take the men around the island, looking for anything unusual. I'll work my way through the middle. Fire off one shot from your flintlock if you find anything." Tord commanded. Patryk nodded, and went off to order the men.

Tord walked through bushes and trees toward the center of the island.

Meanwhile, Tom swam quickly, to his secret cove. Edd was annoying him about the surface again, so he was going to his special spot. The spot he went to be alone.

Tom finally made it to his small cave. Tom sat at the bottom. You could see the surface from his little area. It looked like Tom's little 'water hole' was inside a cave. Tom couldn't take it anymore. He swam up to the surface, hesitating slightly. He could live without one hand, just in case something bad happened, right?

Tom braced himself for pain, and stuck his hand above the surface. Something immediately grabbed him, and pulled on his arm. Tom panicked, and tried swimming back down. The other force was much stronger, and pulled him up. Tom felt his torso hit hard on rock. Tom opened one of his eyes, and saw his 'savior'

A man, in mostly red clothing, looking at him in awe. Tom screamed, and slipped back into the water. Tom examined his hand. It was fine! Tom looked back up at the surface, and saw the man, looking down into the water. The man looked calm. Tom hesitantly swam back to the surface, but stayed under the water. The man, slipped one of his hands into the water. Tom looked at it, and slowly grabbed his hand. The man slowly pulled. Tom flipped his fin a little bit, propelling him slightly forward. Tom's head broke the surface of the water.

"Hello." The man said. Tom looked at him in slight surprise. The man spoke his language?

"Hi..?" Tom said, after a moment.

"I'm Tord." The man said, smiling. Tom thought he seemed friendly enough. Tom smiled widely at the kindness of the man, now known as 'Tord'

"My name is Tom! You're a land dweller aren't you?!" Tom exclaimed excitedly. Tord was slight confused. Land dweller? Tord nodded after a moment. 

"You're a mermaid?" Tord questioned.

"Merman, technically, but yeah!" Tord shifted his position, so he wasn't cutting off the circulation to his legs. Tom looked at his legs, and was immediately amazed.

"What is that?!" Tom said, touching his legs.

"..legs?"

"Legs! That's so weird!" Tord looked at Tom's fin in the water. It was a beautiful teal color.

"Your fin is really pretty." Tord stated. Tom blushed slightly. Nobody really complimented him, because most mermaids were very self absorbed. Compliments were rare.

"Th-Thanks." Tom stuttered, sinking slightly into the water. Tord smiled at Tom. 

Tord could hear yelling from the far side of the island. His men, perhaps?

"Tord, I like you. You're pretty." Tom said, smiling. Tord looked back at Tom, forgetting about his men.

"Aw, thanks. You're adorable." Tord said, ruffling Tom's wet hair. Tom smiled, and crossed his arms on the rock in front of him.

Tom and Tord talked for essentially hours. They never ran out of things to talk about, and conversation wasn't ever forced. Soon, it was dark. Tord knew that he and his men would have to leave tomorrow, but he.. didn't want to. Tord stood up, ready to leave. Tom understood that Tord had to go.

"Tord, I love you." Tom said, smiling. Tom didn't exactly understand love fully. He didn't know that you said that to people very special to you. People you wanted to spend your life with.

"Wh-What?" Tord asked, surprised.

"I love you! Don't forget about me!" Tom said waving cheerfully. Tord blushed, and stooped down, kissing Tom on the head. Tom giggled, and then gasped. "Tord you can take one of my scales! It'll remind you of me!" Tom said. He reached down, and had a look of pain on his face for a moment. He pulled off one of his scales, and handed it to Tord. Tord smiling, taking the scale.

"You can have my hat." Tord said, taking off his captain's hat. "Hopefully the water won't ruin it." Tord said, handing it to Tom. Tom smiled, and put it on his head. It was a bit big on him, but it was cute. 

Tom and Tord bid each other goodbye, and split ways. Tom went back under the water, and Tord exited the cave.

Tom swam to Edd, and Matt. He had a look of pure happiness on his face. Edd found that suspicious.

"Tom, we've been looking for you everywhere! Where have you been?!" Edd shouted, swimming over to his friend.

"The surface! It's so cool up there!" Tom said. He showed Edd the hat that he "found."

"Tom! That's dangerous!"

Tom got an earful from Edd for countless hours.

Tord, however, sailed his ship away, a new necklace around his neck. One, turquoise scale, hanging off of the string.

♡ Should I make this a book? ♡