♡ Red Thread 2 ♡

♡ Tom ♡

Ever since Tord and I figured out we were soulmates, we've been inseparable. The only time we were separated was when we didn't have a class together. Occasionally we skipped class, just to be together. Tord's English was getting a bit better, it was cute.

Right now, we were at lunch, sitting together. Edd and Matt sat on the other side of the table.

"Tom is cute." Tord said to Edd and Matt. They were smiling, and laughing, while I was blushing, and lightly smacking Tord's arm.

"I'm not cute." I denied. Tord grabbed my hand, and squeezed it, looking at me. He leaned down to my ear and whispered lightly:

"Cute."

"AH! I'm not cute!" I said, somewhat angrily. I stood up, and walked out of the lunchroom. Tord was probably laughing, and telling Edd and Matt how cute I am. I smiled at the thought, and walked outside, sitting under a tree close to the school. I sighed.

"Hey what're you doing here, idiot." A voice said. I looked up. It was Eduardo. I sighed, and rolled my eyes. Not that he could tell.

"Come on, Eduardo, just leave me alone." I said, flatly. I didn't want to deal with him right now.

"Y'know, I noticed something about you. You're worthless. What do you do that matters?" He said, leaning down to me. 

"I- uh, um." I stuttered. I couldn't really think of an answer. Eduardo started laughing. Soon, his friends Mark, and Jon came over too. I sat there, un-amused, but slightly sad. He was kind of right. 

I looked down at my hands, and at my string. The string was frayed near my finger. The longer I stared at it, the more it was ripping. 

"Stop looking at your hands, idiot, and tell me! What makes you useful?" Eduardo said, hitting me on the head. I ignored him, and stared at the string. What would happen if it broke?

"Stop!" An accented voice yelled. I recognized it as Tord's. I looked around the tree, and saw Tord angrily come over to us.

"Stop being hoe, and leaving Tom alone." Tord said, standing in front of me. I smiled at his improper grammar, and stood up. Eduardo sneered.

"Why should I?"

"I'll beat up, if not." Tord said, putting his fist into his hand. Eduardo laughed.

"I'd like to see you try!" Eduardo shouted confidently. That smug smirk was punched off his face by Tord. Tord was defending me. Why?  Because he likes me. I think so at least. He's my boyfriend, he should like me.

Soon enough, Eduardo had enough. Small amounts of blood dripped out of his mouth. Nothing a dentist appointment would fix.

"Jon! Mark! Help me!" Eduardo demanded. Mark and Jon took a step back. They weren't good fighters. Eduardo scoffed, and walked away, practically admitting defeat. Tord turned around, and smiled widely, showing off the gap between his teeth, and the large quantity of blood coming out of his nose.

I jumped up, and hugged him.

"Thank you." I said. While I was hugging him, I caught a glimpse of my string. It was repaired, and brighter than I've ever seen it before.

"Blood is on you now, but still cute." Tord said, smiling at me.

"I'm not cute."