It's Offical

"...Jack Hodgson" Clarissa reads the DNA letter.
Both Nikki and Jack freeze for a second, no emotion on their faces. Clarissa starts to worry if this is what they really wanted or they were just saying it as good friends.

"Oh god... she's mine, I have a daughter" Jack breathes uneasily.

He stands up and looks at Nikki who smiles at him. "Oh gosh" Nikki says breathing a sigh of relief.

"Excuse me a moment" Jack says as he leaves the room clearly in a lot of shock.
Nikki watches as Jack leaves the room and starts to get tearful herself.

"Nikki? This is a good thing right?" Clarissa worries.

Nikki nods and looks down and Poppy who is still contently feeding. "Just a shock I guess... I'm glad it's Jack" Nikki speaks.

"Was there someone else?" Clarissa urges.
"Matt" Nikki replies quickly and Clarissa just nods.
Nikki spends a moment just trying to get her head around the situation.

Meanwhile, Jack is stood pacing the corridor happy for himself. A shock still but he finally had his little family, all he had to do now was get Nikki on side to living with him so he can be a full time parent.
'But where would they stay?' Thought Jack as he thinks about the size of is one bedroom flat nearby.

Thomas soon walks down the corridor to see Jack, "Jack? Are you okay?" He asks.

"Drink later?" Jack randomly says.
Thomas raises an eyebrow, "What's the celebration?" He asks.
"I have a new born daughter" Jack smiles emotionally.

"Since when?" Thomas asks.
"Today, well she's a week old but the test proved I'm her father" Jack smiles.

Thomas nods not know what to say to Jack as he didn't know he was going to be a father. "Oh is that Nikki? I need to speak to her about that resignation... I'm not accepting it" Thomas speaks and the walks to open the door.

He opens the door and walks in, "Nicola Alexander if you think I'm accepting your resignation you can think again! You're my best pathologist" he speaks.

Nikki jumps and looks over her shoulder at him, "Thomas, please ignore that. I wasn't in a good place" she explains.

"Right well you can start back Monday" Thomas replies not realising Nikki has had a baby and will be needing maternity.
"Oh and what's Jack on about a daughter?" Thomas adds.

Nikki pulls her stop down and stands up, she turns around and looks at Thomas. "This is his daughter... Poppy Alexander" she smiles.

"What? Wait... am I missing something here?" Thomas says really confused as she looks at Jack then Nikki and finally Clarissa.

"Shhh please, this is our little secret... keep this between me, Jack, Clarissa and yourself" Nikki replies.

"A love child? I didn't know you two was sleeping together... is this why you left Australia early?" Thomas asks with a hundred questions to ask.

"I slept with Nikki, before she left for Australia, she came back early because she wanted to come back here to have Poppy and live her life in a familiar country" Jack explains.

Thomas stands looking at Nikki, he never had her down as the settling down having. A few children and a dog type of person. "Let me see?" Thomas asks wondering if it's an actual baby.
Nikki walks forwards and shows Poppy to him. "Can I?"
He asks gesturing to hold her.

Nikki nods and steps forwards gently passing Poppy to Thomas. "Wow, you can see the parental resemblance" Thomas smiles.

"What?!" Nikki says confused.

"She looks like you Nik, Jacks eyes" Thomas replies.
Nikki and Jack look at each other then at Poppy.

"Can't see it" Jack replies.
"Nope me either" Nikki smiles.

Thomas stands holding Poppy, "I didn't have you both down as the ones to start a family" he says to them.

"Her real name is Oopsy-mistake Alexander" Jack chuckles jokingly.