Wheetabix

A few days later. Nikki wakes to her alarm going off, she groans and starts to move around. She rolls over and looks up at Jack who is sat up in bed with Poppy sat on his lap. "What are you doing up so early?" Nikki mumbles as she continues to lie on her side and watch Jack. 

"Poppy thought she would sing to us, oh and fill her nappy" Jack replies as he looks down at his girlfriend. 
"She hasn't had you up long has she?" Nikki questions. 

Jack shakes his head and smiles down at her, "Only twenty minute, anyway I don't mind we have work in under three hours" 
Jack leans down and kisses her, "mmm" He smiles against her lips wishing the kiss was longer. 

"You need a shave" Nikki smirks as she feels his facial hair graze along her face, Jack smirks and pushes his face against her neck. 

"Jack stop it!" Nikki giggles as she tries to push him away. 
He smirks and carefully moves as Poppy is still on his lap. "Right you go to Mummy, while I have a shave" Jack smirks. 

Nikki smiles and before she can sit herself up Jack has sat Poppy on her chest. Nikki looks up at her daughter who squeals with delight at Nikki and starts to pat her face. "Hello baby" Nikki smiles as Poppy almost falls forwards onto Nikki. 

Poppy babbles to Nikki as she gets herself out of bed and carries Poppy downstairs, Nikki walks into the kitchen and places Poppy down in her highchair and prepares some Weetabix for Poppy.

Nikki turns the kettle on and prepares herself and Jack a cup of coffee, Poppy bangs the tray of the highchair and babbles to Nikki as she knows exactly what she is doing and that this is the usual routine every morning. 
"Are you hungry baby girl?" Nikki smiles as she walks over to Poppy and hands her a bottle of milk. Poppy takes around two sips from the bottle and then throws the bottle to the floor and bangs her tray. 

"Fine, fine... I shall get you your breakfast" Nikki laughs watching her impatient daughter. 

Jack comes downstairs to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, fully dressed and cleanly shaved for the day ahead he steps into the kitchen. He smirks as to himself as he sees Nikki in a set of bed shorts and a skimpy top, that clings to her tiny figure. 

Nikki turns with Poppy's breakfast and looks at Jack in the doorway, "Better?" He questions as he walks over to her and holds her waist gently. 
With her spare hand she raises it to Jack's face and feels his cheek, "Much better" She smiles and steals a kiss from Jack's lips. 

She sits herself down next to Poppy and starts to feel her the Weetabix, Poppy sits there contently as Nikki feeds her breakfast. Jack walks over to the sideboard and picks up his mug of coffee and turns to look at Nikki, "It's the court hearing tomorrow, coroners court if I'm right?" Jack says as he makes small talk. 

Nikki places the bowl down on Poppy's tray and turns and looks at Jack, "Yeah, for the electrocution of that woman a few weeks back."

"Oh, Posh the Coroners court... that is one place I have never been."
Nikki rolls her eyes and laughs at him, "It's nothing special Jack."

She watches Jack as he goes to reply but his facial expression changes and Nikki turns and looks at Poppy who has her hands in the bowl of Weetabix and then moves her hands to her mouth, "What a clever girl Pops... but use a spoon" Jack smirks as he walks forwards. 

"you tell him, Poppy, tell him 'I'm only a baby and I can use my hands', come on Jack it is cute" Nikki smiles as she glances back at Jack before looking at Poppy who now has food in her hair. 

"Oh great... Poppy Mae Alexander-Hodgson... now I have to bath you, I didn't want to do that until tonight" Nikki groans as she removes the empty bowl of Weetabix and wipes Poppy's hands down with a baby wipe. 

"You have two hours, bath the child, clean yourself up, get changed, change Poppy and go to work" Jack laughs. Nikki rolls her eyes and heads upstairs leaving Jack to clean Poppy up.