In the Heat of the Moment... Distraction!

Later that day Nikki has returned home and has bathed and dressed Poppy ready for bed, she has also made herself and Jack a meal as it's his birthday. She ended up eating hers as Jack still hasn't returned home.
Nikki is currently lying on the sofa watching TV, her eyes before heavy but she is adamant on watching 'inside number 9' to the very end. She drifts off to sleep almost comfy on the sofa.

Around twenty minutes later, Jack comes home. "Sorry, I'm late... I hope you got my messages. Clarissa and Thomas talked me into having a couple of drinks" Jack calls as he walks through the front door, he takes his shoes off and hangs his jacket up before walking into the lounge.

He looks down at Nikki who is curled up on the sofa, peacefully sleeping. He knew that she had been waiting all day to speak with him.
Jack walks over to Poppy and smiles down at her, He notices a small letter resting at the foot of her Moses basket.

Jack carefully picks it up and reads the envelope, it had been written in blue ink, he looks carefully and notices the style of handwriting is Nikki's.
He opens the letter and looks at it. He smiles and reads it to himself.

'To my Daddy,
As it's your birthday and your very first one with me, I wanted to give you something. Mummy helped me pick it out but on the page behind is a copy of my Birth certificate. I may be only three weeks old but I have made the big girls decision and my official name is...
Poppy Mae Alexander-Hodgson.
I love you lots daddy!
Love
Poppy xx' 

Jack backs up to the sofa and sits down accidentally sitting on Nikki's foot at the same time, she stirs and looks at Jack tiredly. "What time is it?" She mumbles as she rubs her face.
He smiles and leans over to her "ten" he smiles as he strokes her hair out of her face. "Nikki?" He smiles.

She just looks at him tiredly and props herself up, "When were you going to tell me about this?" He says showing her the letter and the document.

"Oh that... It only happened today" she speaks.
Jack rests his hand on her knee and smiles, "Best birthday present ever" He smirks.

They sit looking at each other and Nikki sits herself up correctly, soon they're leaning towards each other, their lips carefully brush one-another.
"Jack... I" She mumbles, He looks down at her lips and places his thumb on her lips.

"Hush, now Dr. Alexander... I shall sort everything" Jack smiles as he cups her cheeks.

Nikki looks at Jacks' lips before diving straight in for a kiss. He is quick to undress her and starts to trace his hands up and down her stomach.

Nikki giggles with pure excitement and leans into Kiss Jack again, between kisses they remove each other's clothing. "Jack" She mumbles hungrily against his lips.

"Not now... busy!" He mumbles as he breaks away from the kiss and starts to work his way down her bare chest nothing but a bra holding him back from his prize.

As he goes to unclip her bra but as she does Poppy starts to kick up a fuss. "Jack," She says.
"Leave it, she'll settle" Jack smiles happily.

Nikki tries to focus on Jack but Poppy won't settle, She gets up and Jack sits back. "Jack, she isn't settling. let me sort her out" Nikki says as she gets off the sofa and heads over to her. She picks her up and gently bounces her and sings to her.

After a while, Nikki decides to feed her so sits down and rolls her top up. "I brought back a bottle of prosecco."
Nikki smiles at Jack, "I guess one glass wouldn't hurt" Nikki winks and Jack gets up and heads into the kitchen.

He notices that she has left his dinner in the microwave so he heats it up and pours two glasses of prosecco. "Nikki?" He calls.

"Yeah?" She shouts through.
"I'm just going to eat my dinner" He smiles.
"Okay," She shouts. Jack sits down at the kitchen table and starts to eat the dinner Nikki has prepared.