Heartbreak?

Nikki looks at Jack, she felt her heartbreak after everything there was someone else, she didn't know how to react. She finally breathes out and looks across at Clarissa hoping someone will say something.
"Oh..." she mumbles.

Nikki looks down at the floor and sighs, "Okay... you should go" Nikki mumbles directing her speech at Jack, as she grabs Clarissa's empty cup and places it in the dishwasher.

"I better go now" Clarissa smiles as she realizes Max, her husband is outside. Jack shows Clarissa out, they stay at the door for a while discussing something, Nikki tries to listen in but can't tell what is being said.

As soon as Jack closes the door, he heads straight back to the kitchen once he has checked in on Poppy fast asleep in the lounge. "Nikki?" Jack says as he walks into the kitchen.
"Don't Jack, shouldn't you be going?" She replies.

Jack walks forwards and leans against the breakfast bar watching her, "Look Nik..." He starts but is interrupted by Nikki.
"Don't! look you lied to me Jack, I thought you were the one, I really did. Why lie to me... I'm the mother of your child and you lie to me? This was never going to work!" Nikki shouts at him.

He looks at Nikki and laughs, "What's so funny 'Mr. I'm so hot, I can get into anyone's pants!' Jack, I hate you!" She shouts.

"Woah... I didn't, Nikki... I know I have done things like that in the past but Nikki ever since I saw..." He is once again cut off by Nikki.

"Don't, just don't... guilt tripping won't help you?" Nikki says as she paces the kitchen angrily.

Jack stands up straight and walks over to her, he grabs her shoulders and looks down at her, "Listen to me shorty!" He says in a raised tone.

Nikki looks up at him and rolls her eyes, "Make this quick then... because you're still in my kitchen, in my house... when I clearly asked you to leave!" Nikki shouts.

"Shh, Nik... you'll wake Poppy," He says calmingly, his accent dancing on his lips as he speaks.

Nikki rolls her eyes and huffs, "I don't want to hear it!" She groans.

He smirks and looks at Nikki, "Look... I said there was someone else... that someone else is you, you idiot" He smiles. Nikki looks up at Jack completely confused, disbelief is written all over her face.
"Nikki, I love you... I love you so much, Nikki Alexander" Jack smiles cupping her cheeks, Nikki's heart skips a beat

"What!" She stutters on her own words.

"Yep, you heard me" Jack laughs as he watches her get all flustered.

"Don't piss around Jack, Tell me the truth!" Nikki hisses suddenly realizing he could be playing a horrible joke on her.

Jack sighs and takes hold of Nikki's hands, "Nik, you and Poppy are the only women in my life right now... I don't want anyone else. Because, Nikki Alexander, It has always been you, always right from the start" He mumbles so gently as he rests his forehead against her forehead.

Nikki looks at him in disbelief, "I don't believe you" She mutters a reply.

"Fine, I shall prove my love for you!" He smiles.
Nikki rolls her eyes, she had been played over and over by many men in the past, no one could now pull the wool over her eyes. She knew a player when she saw one, but Jack felt different, she hated to believe him but something inside of her was making her feel this way towards Jack.

Jack kisses her lips slightly and cups her cheeks, she comes back with a kiss but pulls away, "I better go see to Poppy" She smiles and dashes off.

He turns around and watches her leave the kitchen, Jack leans against the work surface and gives a sigh.