Perfect Surprise

Jack sits beside Nikki's side and watches her as she sleeps in the hospital bed, he smiles and brushes her hair from her face so he can admire her face. "Jack?" She mumbles suddenly.

"Erm yeah?" Jack smiles as he knew she had caught him out again, as usual.

"Get me some water please?" She smiles tiredly. Jack nods and stands up and grabs the bottle of water from the bottom of the bed.
Jack passes Nikki the bottle and smiles as he watches her sip it, "Hows the pain now?" Jack asks.

"Getting there. How long will they be until they get my X-rays back" Nikki sighs as she passes the bottle back.
"I shall go check" Jack replies as he stands and goes to find a nurse.

Jack clears his throat and approaches the nurse, "Excuse me? How long until my Girlfriend gets her x-rays back? she is in rather a lot of pain" He explains hoping it will edge them on.

"Oh right and your girlfriend is?" She asks Jack.
"Nicola Alexander" Jack smiles.

The nurse looks through the database and looks for Nikki's results. "Okay, well Mr. Williams will be round soon to check on her... he will deliver results then" She replies.

"Ok, well she is in a lot of pain" Jack explains before leaving the nurse and heading back to Nikki.

Jack smiles and looks at Nikki sympathetically, "Jack?" She says.
"Yes?" He smiles as he takes her hand that isn't in a sling.

"Poppy... I'm sorry" She sighs. Jack raises his eyebrow at him in confusion. "I did everything to try and stop him... Jack, he did something to her" Nikki says.

Jack continues to hold her hand and strokes it, "Nik" He sighs.
"I know, I'm awful I let him into the house... this is all my fault," She says as the tears start to slip freely down her face.

Soon Jack gets up and leaves the room leaving Nikki with the doctor and a few fracture clinic nurses. They are currently pulling and setting Nikki's arm ready for a plaster cast to be placed on her arm.

While the Fracture Clinic teamwork on setting Nikki's arm, Jack heads down to the main entrance and the reception area and meets up with Thomas who has brought Poppy to him. "Thank you Thomas" Jack smiles happily.

"How is Nikki?" Thomas questions.
"She is pretty beaten if you ask me, she has four broken ribs, two more are healing fractures, also a displaced fracture of her left wrist... she has multiple bruises to the back, chest, and stomach... they have also ruled out any head or neck injuries" Jack explains

"Oh god, she has been through hell... well I shall wait in the cafe for a while. Let Nikki see Poppy" Thomas replies.

Jack smiles and takes hold of the Car seat with Poppy in, "Something horrible tells me Nikki thinks Poppy is dead... everything she is saying points to that, what the hell did Matt do to her?" He replies.

"Well the investigation and search for Matt are continuous, you may want to stick with Nikki, he may come back for her" Thomas speaks and Jack nods, he soon carries Poppy to the ward and notices Nikki's bed is empty.

Jack places the car seat down on the bed and get's Poppy out, He walks over to the nursing station "Excuse me, Nikki Alexander, bed 6 where is she?" Jack questions.

"Oh, she just went to the toilet" The male nurse replies with a smile.

"Jack?" a voice speaks from behind him. He realizes it is Nikki and decides to wait a bit while she walks forwards, "Jack Hodgson are you ignoring me? Jack..." Nikki's words are cut off as Jack turns around with Poppy in his arms.

Nikki is taken back when she sees her daughter alive and well snuggled safely in Jack's arms. "Fuck, oh fuck... no... what... no" Nikki says as she starts to cry.

"Poppy I think Mummy wants cuddles" Jack smiles happily noticing all the emotion on Nikki's face. She walks straight to them both and looks at Poppy, with her one good arm she hugs Jack and kisses his cheek.

"You found her, I knew you would" She beams with delight.
"I always will, you know that. Now how about we walk to your bed and you can have cuddles with her?" Jack suggests causing Nikki to nod frantically.

They walk slowly to the bed, as they walk Jack notices Nikki limping and holding her ribs as she walks to the bay. Nikki slowly sits on the bed and looks at Jack with a smile indicating she wants to hold Poppy now.

Jack walks over and passes Poppy to Nikki, carefully not to knock her arm. "There we go" Jack smiles sitting on the edge of the bed.

He rests his hand on Nikki's thigh and smiles, "I'm glad we're together again, I was lost without you" Jack smiles.

She nods and looking at Poppy in complete disbelief. Jack soon sits and tells Nikki about where the police found her and the medical treatment she received once admitted to the hospital, although this made Nikki cry knowing her daughter could have possibly died, she was happy she was found and was being treated correctly.