Alice Wood

As Soon as Nikki ends the call to Thomas she turns the radio off and picks up Poppy from the floor and sits her on the sofa, She grabs a set of Poppy's shoes and puts them on her before slipping a jacket onto her.
Nikki grabs her handbag, chucking her phone and car keys in there, She scoops Poppy up off the sofa who is attempting to roll off and escape. "Ma!" Poppy squeals in protest as Nikki carry her to the hallway and grab Poppy's nappy back before heading to the front door.

She opens the car and shuts the front door and carries Poppy to the car, she opens up the back door and places Poppy into the car seat, she secures Poppy safely before shutting the door and walking round to the driver's side of the car.

Nikki pulls off the driveway and drives to the Lyell Centre. When she arrives at the Lyell Poppy has fallen asleep in the car so she gets her bags together before getting Poppy out the car and carrying her carefully into the Lyell.

Nikki scans her ID badge in and heads upstairs to the lab and offices. "Clarissa!" Nikki whispers as she carries Poppy into the offices.

Clarissa turns and gives Nikki a friendly smile as she notices Poppy fast asleep on her shoulder. "Hey Nikki, how are you" She smiles.

"I'm good, Where is Jack?" Nikki questions quietly.

"Jack is in the lab at the moment. I can keep an eye on Poppy if you want, just tell Jack I will need rescuing" Clarissa smiles.

Nikki smiles and places Poppy on the sofa for a second while she gets her blanket out of the changing bag and grabs the pillows off the sofa and places them on the floor. Nikki then lifts Poppy up and places her on the floor.

She stands up and walks out of the room and smiles at Clarissa, "So if she wakes up there is a bottle of milk and a bottle of juice, some biscuits and her favourite bear... if all else fails chloroform" Nikki jokes.

"No, I wonder why Jack never really complains about her waking him during the night" Clarissa laughs.

"But seriously if all else fails, go find Jack" Nikki smiles.
Thomas enters the offices, "Ah Nikki, just the person" he smiles.
Thomas holds the door open for Nikki and she walks out and follows him the family room where a little girl is sat on the floor with a colouring book colouring in.

They both stand outside the room looking into the family room and at the little girl, "Alice Wood... found in her parents home, both parents have been brutally murdered, Alice says that a man has touched her but won't say anymore. Jack said requested you to perform the swabs and medical examination" Thomas replies.

Nikki nods and leaves Thomas and walks into the family room, The little girl gazes up from the colouring in and makes eye contact with Nikki before looking down at the book again, "Hello Alice, I'm Dr Alexander... can we talk?" Nikki smiles.

The little girl nods and continues to colour in, "Why do I need to see a Doctor? the really tall man said I need to speak to a lady doctor" The five-year-old smiles.

"Yes... Alice, I am only here to speak to you, I promise you can tell me anything... now can I have a look at you?" Nikki smiles as she sits on the floor beside Alice.

Alice nods and puts her colouring book down and faces Nikki, Nikki's heart plummets when she looks at Alice's face, there is clear bruising and some scratches to her face. "Alice I want to start but putting this cotton bud in your mouth, I'm going to touch the inner cheeks with it" Nikki explains as easily as she can.

"Why... what will that do?" Alice questions.
"This will let my colleague see your DNA, it's going to be like giving your mouth a clean" Nikki smiles and Alice instantly opens her mouth and allows Nikki to perform the DNA swab.

"That tickled!" Alice giggles as she starts to feel more comfortable around Nikki.