Soul Crushing

5:56 pm - Jack pulls up at the house, he sits in the car for a moment and takes a breather after the day he has had, looks at his phone before heading inside. He couldn't wait to see Nikki and Poppy and hug them both. 

Jack gets his work bag out the boot, he locks his car and knocks the door, when he gets no reply he lets himself in with the set of keys Nikki has given him. "I'm home" He calls. 
He walks shuts the door and takes his jacket off and places his bag down before walking into the lounge. He realizes she isn't in there he walks through to the kitchen where he finds a note. 

His heart sinks slightly as he picks up the note,
'I'm sorry Jack, I am so sorry it has ended this way... I have gone back to South Africa, I know you may never forgive me for this... but I am not happy here. Poppy loves you dearly and I will always tell her about you. Please don't get in contact with me, please don't look for me, just pretend we never happened. Your's Nikki x'

Jack's heart breaks just reading the letter, He sits himself down and reads the letter over and over. "Why Nikki" He sighs as he notices Poppy's pink soothing blanket on the floor, she may have only been three months but she wouldn't sleep without it. 

He picks it up off the floor and smells it, it smelt perfect, he holds it tightly and then walks upstairs to see if she actually meant what she said about South Africa. He walks into the bedroom to see the wardrobe half empty. 

He then checks Poppy's stuff to see the majority of it missing, but something isn't right, he just knew it. As he pulls Poppy's nappy box out from under the bed he realizes something is wrong. She had left all her nappies, even all of the spare dummy's, the creams, Jack's heart sinks and he walks himself back downstairs. 

Something is wrong, he just knew it, he senses it. Jack walks into the lounge and picks up Poppy's blanket again and sits himself down, His heart breaks even more and he finally starts to cry, Jack hardly cries but the one he loves has left with his only daughter. 
Jack slumps down on the sofa, his whole world has just shattered into a million pieces. 

Jack kisses Poppy's blanket before something catches the corner of his eye, "What the..." Jack mumbles as he sits up placing Poppy's blanket down. 
He stands up and walks a few steps across the room before crouching down beside the coffee table, he looks closely at the table noticing what looks like blood on the corner of it. 

Quickly he stands and goes to get his forensic kit from the hallway, he rushes back into the lounge and opens up the case, he turns the lamps off and gets his UV light out to reveal blood traces in the carpet and all down the side of the coffee table. 
Jack grabs his tweezers and then quickly grabs what looks like, a long blonde hair from the join in the table. 

Jack places the hair on the table as he has no evidence bags to hand, he stands up and turns the lamps back on before grabbing his phone and calling Thomas. 
"Thomas!... look It's Nikki" Jack begins quickly as Thomas answers the call.
"What? Jack slow down? what has happened?" He questions. 
"Nikki, I think she has been abducted... and Poppy," Jack says. 
"Jack, I'm on my way... call the police!" Thomas replies before hanging up the call and heading straight out to Nikki and Jack's house. 

Soon Jack calls the police and they send a response car out to the house as soon as he had mentioned what he has found. Thomas arrives before the police and Jack lets him in. "Thank goodness," Jack smiles happily to see a familiar face. 

Thomas is shown into the lounge and he shows him what he has found and explains how all Poppy's changing things haven't been taken, including Poppy's soothing blanket. Thomas takes samples of the blood and Jack goes to answer the door to the police.