Recovering at Home

A week later Poppy has been discharged for Hospital and is slowly on the mend, she has started to act more like herself and her breathing is a lot easier, even though she is dependant on inhalers at the moment to help her through this stage. 

Nikki is currently sat in the dining room working on her crime scene analysis from home as she has been granted time off to be with Poppy while she is ill. 
She peers her head around the door and looks at Poppy who is laying on her stomach rolling from side to side with a toy in her hands. 

She babbles contently to herself before throwing the toy to the side and getting to her hands and knees and crawling to the toy box where she pulls herself up and peers into the box. 
Before Poppy can even get her balance she falls and sits on her bottom, Nikki sniggers to herself before getting back to her work. 

Nikki carries on working before hearing Poppy cough frantically, Nikki stands up quickly and looks at Poppy. Poppy soon stops coughing which puts Nikki's mind at rest. 

She puts her work down for a while and heads through to the kitchen. She fills the kettle up and places it on the stove and lights it, Nikki waits for the kettle to boil, when it's boiled she pours the boiling water into her mug.
Nikki grabs one of Poppy's bottles and fills her bottle with half water and grabs some formula out of the cupboard, she adds a tiny bit of cows milk and places the lid on the bottle, Nikki shakes the bottle and carries it into the lounge with her cup of tea. 

She then sits herself down on the sofa and watches Poppy crawl over to her, she pulls herself up on the sofa and looks at Nikki. She coughs and licks Nikki's knee randomly, "That is disgusting Pops," Nikki says a bit confused by Poppy's actions. 

Poppy grabs Nikki's trouser leg and tries to pull herself up, "Do you want to come up baby?"
Nikki lifts Poppy onto her lap and Poppy squeals and smiles before attempting to stand herself up on Nikki's lap. "Steady on, child" Nikki speaks. 

Her daughter squeals and pats at Nikki's face, "Stop it, Poppy... that is dirty" Nikki says in a stern tone as Poppy attempts to put her hands in Nikki's mouth. Nikki sits Poppy beside her on the sofa and hands her the bottle of milk which has cooled down enough now. 

Nikki grabs her cup of tea and goes through her emails on her phone. Soon Poppy chucks her bottle down and wriggles to the edge of the chair and slowly rolls off landing on the floor with a crash, Nikki puts down her phone and looks at Poppy who is giggling happily to herself. 

She crawls off towards her toys, Nikki smiles and watches her for a little longer before heading back into the dining room and making a few work phone calls to other forensic teams and CIO's in the area.