Father and Daughter Time - Part 1

Around five minutes later, Jack carries Poppy downstairs and heads straight into the kitchen and to here Nikki is sat at the breakfast bar looking into her cup of tea.
"What you waiting for? The tea leaves to read your future?" He teases.

He places Poppy in the highchair and walks over to Nikki. "Hmm the tea leaves are reading my future, saying I've got a big headed amateur partner, who is the biggest girl going" she says as she looks at the bottom of the mug.

"Hmm sounds oddly familiar" he says poking her sides from behind, making her squirm.

She squirms and pushes back against Jack. "Stop it!" She laughs.

"Gis a kiss?" He smirks against her neck as she sits up.

They both look at each other for a moment, their lips lingering, their moment of silence broken by Poppy babbling frantically at them. "Right I better go!" Nikki smiles as she kisses his lips quickly and gets up.

Nikki walks over to Poppy and kisses her head. "See you later baby girl, be good for Daddy. But not too good" she smiles against her head before standing up and leaving the kitchen.

Jack sighs and begins to make Poppy's breakfast. "Just us two then sport" Jack mutters.

They both sit eating their breakfast, Jack eating is breakfast at a less messy rate than Poppy who had it everywhere. "Come on Pops, eat some more" Jack says lifting Poppy's spoon with some food on it.

Poppy eats the spoon full Jack says just given her and then refuses the next one, "just like your Mummy" Jack smiles as he eats a piece of toast.

Poppy starts to cry and reaches for the toast in Jacks hand. He rolls his eyes and passes her a tiny piece of the toast.
Poppy places the toast in her mouth and starts to eat it. Before Jack can even take another bite she's reaching for more.