Conor Hodgson

"shit, shit, shit! Nikki... it's half past ten. we've slept in!" Jack says as he wakes and looks at the time. Jack climbs out of the bed and looks down at Nikki, she clearly didn't want to get out of bed. "Come on now!" Jack smiles and Nikki just groans in reply before wrapping herself up in the blankets.

Jack grabs the blankets and begins to pull at them, "Nikki Alexander, if you don't get up now I am going to tickle you!" He smirks knowing he hates being tickled. Nikki doesn't move so Jack grabs the covers and gives one strong pull and pulls them off, Nikki.

"No Jack!" Nikki groans, Jack looks down at her small body and smiles. "Dibs the shower first!" Jack says as he dashes off to the bathroom.
Nikki sits up and runs her hands through her slightly knotted hair. She soon stands up and walks over to Poppy, "Right let's get you ready, Sunday best you are meeting your Grandpa today" Nikki smiles as she lifts Poppy up and rests her against her chest.

Poppy shakily holds her own head and looks around the room, "Mummy is going to give you a bubble bath later, so we shall use some wipes and clean you off for now" Nikki smiles as she bounces Poppy before placing her down on the bed.

Nikki grabs the changing box from under the bed and starts to undress Poppy and wipes her down with the baby wipes. "I know darling, it's cold" Nikki soothes as Poppy starts to cry.

She cleans and changes Poppy as quick as possible to prevent her from getting and colder. "Now less of the noise. Pops, Mummy has sorted it now" Nikki soothes once again as she carefully places a tiny set of tights on her.

Jack comes back from the shower with just a towel covering his modesty, "Now doesn't my Poppy look smart" Jack coos as he walks over to the bed.

"Jack! that's my towel!" Nikki says as she notices her personal towel.
"Well I'm sorry, I didn't know" Jack replies calmly.

"You know full well all the light pink towels are mine, Your's are the cream ones until I can get hold of a nice colour for you" Nikki replies.

Jack rolls his eyes, "Sorry" he apologizes again.

"Oh well, what's mine is yours right? and anyway... pink suits you" Nikki giggles.

He looks at her and smirks before letting his towel drop, Nikki can't help but look before blushing and looking away, "Mr. Hodgson... your daughter is present!" Nikki blushes as she lightly covers Poppy's eyes.

Jack walks across the room and opens a draw that Nikki has let him use. He grabs a fresh pair of boxers out of the draw and puts them on. "Better?" He asks.

"Much" She giggles.
"Oh right, so now you prefer to without them on? eleven months ago you practically begged me to remove them" Jack smirks knowing Nikki doesn't like talking about her actions that heated evening.

Soon they are both are dressed and ready for Jack's Father's visit. Nikki heads downstairs and opens all the blinds and opens a few windows to let the place air and smell slightly fresher, she then heads into the kitchen and gets the meat out of the freeze and places it in the microwave to speed up the defrosting process.

Jack brings Poppy down and places her on the play mat in the dining room side of the kitchen so they could both keep an eye on her. "I shall start the veg if you want to give the lounge a slight tidy and the same with the hallway" Jack suggests and Nikki places her glass of water down and goes to tidy the lounge.

Around an hour later there is a knock at the door followed by a ring of the doorbell, "I shall get it!" Nikki smiles as she walks out of the lounge and places Poppy's dummy in her back pocket.

Nikki opens the door to see Jack's Father, Conor, standing there with a serious expression on his face, "Mr. Hodgson, so nice to see you" Nikki smiles politely.

She lets him in and he takes his jacket off and hangs it up on the peg before removing his shoes, "So where is my son?" He questions, Nikki smiles to herself noticing how much Jack was like his Dad.

"Oh he shall be through soon" Nikki smiles as she takes him to the lounge, "Make yourself comfortable, can I get you anything to drink? Scotch, Brandy, Tea, coffee, water?" Nikki smiles.

"Tea would be nice, a little bit of milk, one sugar" Conor replies as he sits himself down on the sofa.

Nikki walks through to the kitchen and looks at Jack who has picked Poppy up and is currently holding her against his chest. She smiles at him holding her, Poppy still looks like a dot against Jack's muscular physique. "Let me make him the cup of tea and then we can take her in?" Nikki smiles and Jack agrees.

"Ready? let me give him his drink first. He has his back to the door" Nikki smiles.

She walks through with Conor's cup of tea and places it down on the coffee table, "right so You know Jack and I are together, well we have a surprise for you" Nikki smiles.

"You're getting married?" Conor asks.

Nikki smiles slightly and glances as she notices Jack waiting to walk in. "No, but this is better than that" Nikki smiles.

Conor looks at her confused unsure what it could possibly be, "Oh okay, so if it isn't that then what is it?" Conor questions.

Nikki nods to Jack and he walks in with Poppy rest against his chest, "Hi Dad, we have someone who would like to meet you, don't turn around keep looking at Nikki" Jack instructs.

"You got a Puppy?" He questions as he can hear a slight whimper from something, this was all picked up through his two hearing aids as his hearing isn't the best.

Jack walks in and stands next to Nikki, "Dad, meet your granddaughter Poppy" Jack smiles happily.
Conor looks up at them both in sock really unsure of how to deal with the current situation. "What? seriously? is that real?" He asks.

"A hundred and ten percent" Jack smiles as he sits on the sofa next to his Dad, so Conor could have a closer look. A smile grows on Conors face when he notices the baby blinking and breathing.