Cheese & Crackers

Ten hours later, Nikki and Jack still aren't talking to each other. Jack is currently sat on the sofa doing some work from home, while Nikki is lying on the bed trying to nap.
Nikki huffs as she gives up with trying to nap as it is coming along for 8 pm. Nikki sits herself up slightly on the bed and grabs her phone.

Soon Jack brings Poppy up, they both look at each other and both ignore each other presence. "Shh Poppy" Jack Soothes.

Jack bounces Poppy before lying her down in the Moses basket and placing her dummy in her mouth, he sits at the bottom of the bed and waits for Poppy to drift off into a peaceful sleep.
Once, Poppy is asleep Jack gets up and walks downstairs leaving Nikki in the bedroom with Poppy.

She gets up and walks over to the bed and peers into the Moses Basket and looks at Poppy lovingly. "Why is Daddy such an idiot" she mumbles as she strokes Poppy's thin hair, Poppy stirs slightly but drops back to sleep herself.

Soon Jack comes back into the room and stands at the door looking at Nikki, Nikki glances over at him before reverting her eyes to Poppy.
"Nikki?" Jack speaks but she completely ignores him.

"Nikki, please talk to me!" Jack replies looking at her, he walks across the room and sits beside her on the bed, he takes her hand but she snatches it back. "Nikki, please" He begs.

"You're an idiot!" Nikki says still not looking at Jack.
Jack sighs and rests his hand on her knee "I know I am" He replies and notices Nikki smiling slightly.

Jack sits there for a while longer before standing up, "Right I'm going to win you over now, cheese, crackers and wine in bed?" Jack smiles as he walks in with a small tray.

Nikki looks up at him properly, she smiles knowing he is about to win her round after ten hours of not talking to each other. "Come on then Nik, get in bed" Jack smiles as he climbs in on his side and steadies the tray.

Jack pours them some wine and hands Nikki a glass, she sits there smiling at him as she watches him cut some cheese and places it on the cracker before taking a bite, "try some" Jack smiles as he turns the cracker towards her.
She smiles and takes a small bite of the cracker and supports her hand under her lip just in case anything was to crumble off.

"So?" He grins waiting for her reaction.
"Its Cheese, Jack, nothing new there" She smirks as she sips her wine.

"This cheese was expensive, I shall have you know" Jack smiles back as he cuts more cheese.
"Well savor it then" Nikki replies as she picks up a cracker.

Jack smiles and watches Nikki eat one while he sits with his glass of wine admiring her. "Sorry for earlier" Nikki replies shyly.

"No sweat. it never happened, right?" Jack replies as he shuffles closer to Nikki. She nods and carries on cutting these cheese and eating it. "Oi you, You told me to savor it... now look at you Little Miss Piggy" Jack smirks placing his glass of wine down on the bedside table.

"Shh," She giggles with a mouthful of cheese.
Jack laughs and rolls his eyes, "You eat too much cheese, Nicola, oh and we definitely drink way too much" Jack replies.

"Don't call me that" Nikki huffs.
"What? Nicola?" Jack teases.
"Stop!" She frowns.

"Make me Nicola!" Jack smirks knowing to call her 'Nicola' winds her up a lot. Nikki frowns and moves the tray off the bed and onto the dressing table, she climbs back into bed and looks at Jack, "I was eatin' that!" Jack frowns back.

Nikki smirks as she sits on her knees and looks at Jack, "No you're not!" Nikki laughs.
Jack rolls his eyes and looks at her, they freeze for a moment before he leans in and grabs her waist pulling her forwards towards him. "Jack!" She laughs.

"Shut up and Kiss me, Nicola!" He smirks and Nikki hits his chest playfully.
Nikki leans in and begins to kiss him ever so carefully before becoming more passionate which is what Jack is after.
Jack slips his hand up her top and Nikki grabs his wrist and stops him, "No, not yet... savor it" She laughs and starts to kiss him again.