A Warm Welcome Home

"So how were things this morning in the world of Jack Hodgson?" Clarissa smiles as Jack walks back in from a crime scene. 
"Good actually, Nikki loved her presents" Jack replies. 

Jack sets his stuff back down at his desk and sorts out the evidence bags before placing them on Clarissa's desk for her. "I take it she is fine with Max and I, having Poppy tonight?" She questions. 

He smirks slightly, "well she doesn't want to be without Poppy for a night, but I think she will be fine... I know she still breastfeeds so I'm gathering she'll leak" Jack says and Clarissa nods slowly. 

"Well she will be thankful of the break, trust me... you two have a nice time... anyway what are you doing tonight?" She questions. 

Jacks sits at his desk and logs onto his computer before replying, "So I was planning on cooking for her tonight and watching some films."

"Oh that will be lovely, I'm sure Nikki will be grateful considering she's a woman how doesn't like to commit" Clarissa replies as she recalls Nikki saying some time ago that was wasn't into commitment.

He knew that Clarissa was telling the truth, he just doesn't like to think about it as he would love to be with Nikki and Poppy forever. Tonight though Jack was going to ask Nikki about commitment. 

For the remainder of his shift, Jack gets down to work and manages to successful finish forensics for a postmortem. Jack heads to the locker room and collects his things from his locker before heading down to his car and signing out on the way. 
"See you Monday" Jack smiles as he walks past Thomas, who is just leaving also. 

Jack unlocks his car and places his bag in the boot and shuts it, He then gets into the driver's seat, he messes with his phone before placing it in the passenger's seat. Soon he is driving off to Nikki's but stops off at his flat first to collect mail and get some different clothes, He takes a shower and has a shave while at his flat. 

After an hour Jack decides to head off to Nikki's, He soon pulls up and gets out the car, he goes to the boot and gets a bag out and locks the car, as he puts his phone in his pocket he looks up to see Nikki in the window with Maisie propped up in her arms. 

Jack waves slightly and Nikki waves back before moving away from the window and coming to the front door, "Jack!" She beams happily, she throws her arm around him and hugs him with Poppy still in her arms. 

"Well this is a nice welcome" Jack smiles kissing Nikki on the cheek. 

She smiles happily and kisses him back, "We've missed you, its so lonely when you're not at home" Nikki smiles. 

Jack smiles and slips his hand into her hair before stroking her cheek with his thumb, Nikki smiles and looks at him before Poppy starts to babble at them and tries to kick her legs. "Oh hello Missy, did we forget about you darling?" Jack smiles as he looks down at her, she holds her own head and smiles slightly. 
"Come here for cuddles then Miss Poppy, Daddy has missed my clever girl" Jack Smiles.

Jack takes Poppy from Nikki and holds her against his chest, He kisses her head and smiles, "Come on Jack, let's go inside... it's dropping cool out here" Nikki smiles as she pulls her cardigan around herself.  

He nods and follows Nikki inside, "So tonight, I have packed Poppy's overnight back and well I've packed both formula and expressed Milk" Nikki explains as Jack shuts the front door behind him and places his bag down, he follows Nikki into the lounge and sits with Poppy on his lap, resting her against his stomach.

Poppy babbles to herself and grabs Jack's fingers, "You're such a smart girl" Jack coos as he strokes her hand gently. Nikki smiles and sits on in the armchair with her knees up. 

"So, we will need to let Max know that Poppy needs to be brought back before 11 am tomorrow, the health visitor called she will be coming" Nikki smiles as she picks up her mug of tea and sips it. 

Jack nods as he starts to play with Poppy, "Oh great, she mentioned she wanted me to be present right?" Jack replies as he starts to play peek-a-boo. 

Nikki smiles and nods as she watches Poppy react with a smile every time Jack reveals his face, "Yes she does, also next Tuesday I have to take Poppy for her monthly weight check and her DTaP/IPV/Hib vaccine" Nikki replies. 

"Do you want me to come?" Jack questions as he stops playing with Poppy for a moment. 

"Yes please, I could do with the help... Years ago I did a rotation in pediatrics and a small baby had his vaccinations, dear lord did it scream, yeah I knew then I didn't want children and I also decided to go onto  Anthropology and later on Pathology when I became a fully qualified doctor" Nikki replies.

He laughs and nods, he can't believe how much Nikki has done in the past 16 years. "Oh right, well I guess I shall be needed... am I right by thinking one injection in both arms and one in both legs?" Jack questions and she gives a small nod and finishes her cup of tea. 

"Well, anyway Should we bath Poppy and get her ready for Clarissa and Max?" Nikki questions as she looks at the clock. Jack looks up at the clock before agreeing and heading upstairs followed by Nikki.