Posh Totty and a Bit of Rough

Today is Poppy's first Birthday and it is early morning. Nikki is currently lying on Jack's chest with the duvet just covering under her armpit. She has been awake for the past ten minutes and is enjoying the peace and quiet she gets before Poppy wakes up. 
She looks up at Jack and smiles, she moves her hand up his chest slightly and kisses his chin. 
"What are you after?" Jack mumbles with his eyes still closed.

Nikki jumps and looks at him, she props herself up on her elbows and looks down at him, "Nothing, Can't I look at you while you sleep?" She mutters and kisses his chest. 

"No, that is weird..." Jack chuckles knowing full well he watches Nikki while she sleeps. 
"That's not fair, you love me don't you?" She giggles. 
"Questionable" He mumbles as he sits himself up, Nikki moves away and looks at him. "What?" He smirks. 

"Last night..." She mutters and kisses his chest as she leans back beside him. 
"Was? terrible? amazing? worthless? great?" Jack chuckles. 
"It was out of this world, you're more than welcome to join the queue again of all the men I've got queuing at the door!" Nikki giggles. 

Jack laughs and moves so he is straddling her waist gently. "Mmm, now let me finish off what we started last night" He chuckles as he leans forward and kisses her passionately. 

"Mmmph, Jack... No!" She giggles as she pushes him away. 
"You're no fun! Nicola" He huffs. 

"Alright Jack, ten minutes" She giggles and pulls the cover over their heads and rests her head against his forehead. 
"I love you Dr. Alexander" He smirks and kisses her forehead carefully. 

Half an hour later- 
Jack moves off Nikki and lies beside her breathlessly, "Woah... that was... amazing" He breathes. 
Nikki lies beside him not saying much at all, She breathes shakily and smiles at him. Jack rolls onto his side and kisses her cheek and cuddles up to her. 

"love you" She smiles as she moves and cuddles up to him. 
"We go well together with me and you... posh totty and a bit of rough, ay Niks" Jack teases. 

Nikki giggles and smiles at him before resting her eyes, "Don't get falling asleep, I think I can hear Poppy stirring" Jack says and kisses her shoulder. 

"I shall go and get her then" Nikki mumbles as she gets out of bed and grabs her dressing gown. Nikki heads out of their room and walks into Poppy's room. 
"Morning baby girl" Nikki smiles as she walks over to Poppy's cot.

Nikki lowers the railings on the cot and lifts Poppy out. "Hey you, hows my birthday girl?" Nikki smiles. 

Poppy grabs a handful of Nikki's hair and babbles away to her, Nikki smiles and kisses Poppy's head before carrying her through to her bedroom where Jack is still sat in bed. 
Nikki places Poppy down on the bed and she instantly crawls up the bed to Jack and pulls herself up on the headboard. 

"Ma! She squeals as she sidesteps along the headboard. 

"I'm not your Mum, I'm your Dad... say, Daddy, Poppy" Jack smiles as he pulls Poppy onto his lap. Poppy squeals and whines as she doesn't want to be restrained, She kicks her legs and tries to free Jack. 

"Oh Jack, stop winding her up" Nikki speaks as she gets a couple of presents from out the wardrobe. 

"Look, Poppy, what has Mummy got!" Jack smiles as he looks up at Nikki. 

Nikki smiles down at her partner and then sits on the bed, "She's not interested at all" Nikki chuckles as Poppy is far more interested in biting the corner of a pillow. 

Jack picks up one of the presents and scoops Poppy back onto his lap, Poppy squeals and kicks her legs before she hears the noise the wrapping paper makes and goes silent. "What is that noise Pops" Jack smiles and kisses her head. 

Nikki sits admiring her parent and daughter in a complete world of her own. Nikki still is blinded by the fact that after all these years of being alone she finally has a family, suddenly her daydream is broken by her work phone ringing. "Not now, please Niks, It's Poppy's Birthday... you said you would be off duty just for today" Jack sighs. 

She grabs her work phone and looks at the caller ID, "It's Thomas..."
Jack shakes his head and begs her not to answer the call but she does end up answering the call. "Thomas?" She speaks. 

"Nikki, glad I could get hold of you... I'm sorry to ask you this on your day off but I'm low on pathologists and there has been a car accident with multiple dead in Hounslow... could you attend with a locum Pathologist please?" Thomas speaks. 

"I... isn't there anyone else? how about Angela Warwick?" Nikki questions. 

"She is currently in Australia visiting her family... sorry Nikki, you're my last hope" He replies. 

"Oh okay... I guess so, when?" Nikki questions as she looks at Jack who looks disappointed in her. 

"In the next half hour please... thank you so much, Nikki!" Thomas replies and ends the call. 

Nikki places her phone down and gets out of the bed again, "Nikki? Where are you going?" He Jack questions as he moves the used wrapping paper to a side. 

"Car crash in Hounslow, multiple deaths" Nikki speaks as she gets clean underwear and starts to change into them. 

"Nikki!" Jack sighs completely annoyed with his partner. 

Nikki puts a blouse on and starts to brush her hair, slipping it up into a ponytail. "I'm sorry, I shall be back later... no later than lunchtime okay!" Nikki speaks as she pulls her trousers on followed by her heeled boots.