Hamilton Ash - Part 1

Nikki sits watching Poppy playing for a while before she has to take Poppy to the nursery. She stares at Poppy blankly which Jack has noticed as he walks into the lounge. He sits beside Nikki and places his arm around her attempting to cuddle her, "No Jack, get off" Nikki speaks moving across and away from him.
Jack looks at her and raises an eyebrow, "Seriously? what's gotten into you recently?" 

Nikki shakes her head and stands up, "We better get ready for work" Nikki replies walking off leaving Jack to deal with their daughter.

Poppy realizes Nikki is leaving the room and attempts to crawl after her, "Mama!" She squeals wanting to be noticed. 
Jack stands up off the sofa and scoops Poppy up into his arms, Poppy instantly starts to scream and her face slowly turns red with all the screaming she is doing. "Shh Pops, come on... let's get your shoes on" Jack smiles as he carries her through to the hallway and picks up a pair of Poppy's shoes. 

Poppy continues to cry and scream and kick her legs at Jack as he puts her shoes on before slipping a cardigan onto her. "Screaming won't get you anywhere lady!" Jack says as he lifts her up and collects a few things he needs. "Come on Nikki, you don't want to get stuck in traffic" Jack calls up the stairs and waits for a reply. 

"I won't be... long, give me a moment" Nikki replies from the bathroom. 
"Everything okay?" Jack quizzes. 

"Yes, I am fine" Nikki replies, Jack hears the toilet flush so he heads out to the car and gets Poppy into the car seat and secures her in tightly. 
Soon Nikki comes down and leaves the house once locking up and gets into the car beside Jack, she doesn't say a lot to him but messes with her handbag strap. 

Once they have dropped Poppy off at day nursery the head straight to the Lyell, "Are you going to tell me what is wrong or am I going to have to play a guessing game?" Jack asks as he jogs to catch up with her as she heads towards the lifts. 

"Jack, for the thousandth time today... I am fine!" Nikki huffs. 
Once in the offices, Thomas speaks to everyone who is in today even though Nikki should be briefing the team. "So today there has been a cyber threat on many medical institutes across the UK, including many physical medical notes been stolen at Hamilton Ash hospital... Now please don't answer any funny looking emails even if you think they could be safe..." Thomas trails off. 

"Jack, Nikki a word please" Thomas speaks and Nikki walks into her office followed by the two men. 
Thomas shuts the door and looks down at a list of physical medical records that have gone missing, "Here is the list of medical records we shall be on the lookout for... and Nikki I hate to inform you but you records and notes are part of the missing from Hamilton Ash" Thomas says and Nikki's heart sinks. 

Jack looks across at Nikki gather concerned as there is so much personal information on the records. "The Police are attempting to find the records before the information is leaked" Thomas adds and watches Jack place his arm around Nikki as support. 

Nikki walks over to her desk and sits down leaving Thomas and Jack to head out of the office and continue working. 
Around half an hour later Jack comes into her office, "Nik, we're needed... a Doctor at Hamilton Ash as jumped off a roof but it's a suspicious death" Jack explains as Nikki gets her jacket and stuff together ready to go to the crime scene with Jack.