Afternoon Lunch

It's lunchtime and Nikki is currently in the reception area as she doesn't have her ID on her, She sits on the sofa's and waits for Jack.

Soon he arrives downstairs and walks over to her, "Hey Nik" He smiles as he goes into hug her. They hug and once they pull away Jack looks at Poppy in her pram. "Did you walk here?" He asks.

"Went by tube" Nikki smiles happily.

"Nik, you should have told me to come and pick you up... its three different tube changes to get here," He says rather shocked.

Nikki smiles and looks down at Poppy, "But the walk and fresh air did us both the world of good" she smiles happily.

"Right then out for lunch?" Jack smiles as he puts his jacket on and follows Nikki out of the Lyell. The walk to the cafe which is ten minutes down the road.

Once they enter the cafe they find a small table with enough room for Poppy's pushchair, Jack smiles as he watches Nikki put the breaks on the pushchair and sits down. Jack stands back up and gets Poppy out of the pushchair and sits back down holding her.
"Hello, darling" He coos gently kissing her forehead.

"So how was your morning?" Nikki asks with a slight smile, as she plays with the corner cotton scarf.

"Yes, quiet for once... an empty mortuary" Jack smiles.
"What really? that never happens" Nikki smiles happily.

"How was your day then?" Jack asks curiously.
"Alright actually, she seems so much better now, still a bit snuffly. hopefully, it doesn't come back again" She smiles happily.

Jack smiles and looks down at Poppy with her eyes wide open, "I can't believe we've had her a while month tomorrow" Jack smiles contently.

"Erm... Jack its the 17th today... we've had her a whole month today" Nikki smiles correcting him.
"Happy one month, Poppy Alexander-Hodgson," Jack says happily as he rocks Poppy gently.

Soon a waitress comes over and takes their orders. "Can I have a cup of tea please and a tuna and cress sandwich" Nikki smiles as she reads the menu.

"And for yourself Sir?" The waitress asks smiling happily as she looks down at Poppy in his arms.

"Can I have the pork with gravy and stuffing sandwich and a cup of coffee" Jack replies as he manages to look at the menu without moving Poppy.

"She's gorgeous, how old?" The waitress asks as she writes up the total for their lunches.

"She's a month old today" Jack smiles as he looks over at Nikki and smiles proudly.

"Aww, well congratulations... okay, so that is £10.50" the waitress smiles.

Nikki goes to get her purse out of her handbag which is hanging off the pushchair, but Jack beats her to it and scans his contactless card on the machine.

"Jack, I was meant to be getting that" She frowns.

"Well I've just paid, get over it" he chuckles and bobs his tongue out at her. The waitress walks away after giving him the receipt and Jack sits looking at Nikki.

"Oh Nik, My Dad wants to come round to have catchup... I thought this would be a good idea to tell him and let him meet Poppy" Jack says trying to get Nikki to speak.

She nods and looks down at her phone, "Why don't you invite him around for Sunday lunch... you can cook for him" she replies.

Jack looks at her stunned, "I didn't say anything about my cooking, you can do it" he laughs.

"Well I'm not cooking, I have a baby to look after" Nikki smiles. Jack rolls his eyes and gives into cooking for them all on Sunday.

Soon their lunches arrive so Jack places Poppy back in the pushchair and fastens her back in before placing her pink blanket lightly over her legs.
"This looks so good" Nikki smiles as she tucks into her sandwich, Jack smiles at her watching her take the first bite into her tuna sandwich, he couldn't remember the last time Nikki had eaten without being interrupted by Poppy.

He starts to eat his own food and every so often glances at her trying his hardest not to make things too awkward. "Enjoying that?" Jack laughs as he notices shes got a little piece of tuna on the side of her cheek.

She looks at him and nods, Jack then leans over the table and brushes the piece of tuna off her face. Nikki blushes slightly before grabbing her napkin and wiping around her face as she has now been made to feel slightly awkward by Jack.

"Much better" He winks noticing her wiping her month.