Spontaneous Decision

A few days later Jack has been woken by Poppy who has been whining for the past hour from her cot in the other room. Jack is now sat downstairs on his laptop with Poppy who is crawling around the room attempting to walk but keeps falling.
Soon Jack comes across the local leisure center and the swimming pool times, he soon decides this could be a good idea and decides to go and see if he still has his swimming trunks upstairs.

He scoops Poppy up and carries her upstairs and into Nikki's room, where Nikki is still sleeping, He places Poppy down on the bed and she instantly crawls over to Nikki and pats her face, "Mama! Ma... Ma... Ma!" Poppy says as she blows raspberries and pats Nikki's face.

Nikki groans and starts to open her eyes, Poppy squeals with delight noticing her Mum is awake, She sits up and pulls Poppy onto her lap, "What are you doing Jack?" Nikki questions tiredly.

"Looking for my swimming trunks" Jack mumbles as he searches through his clothing drawers.
"Why earth are you after those?" Nikki asks.

Jack turns around and looks at her once he has found them, "We're taking Pops swimming" Jack smiles happily. Nikki's eyes widen and she shakes her head, "Come on Nikki, it will be great!" Jack smiles noticing her apprehension.

"No Jack, I haven't been swimming in years... what if I drown, anyway I don't have a swimming costume, neither does Poppy," Nikki says trying to think of every possibility to get out of taking Poppy swimming.

"Well if you drown I shall give you the kiss of life" Jack smirks.
"Oh yeah, you will probably drown too trying to rescue this dead weight" She replies.

Jack rolls his eyes and gets up and walks over to Nikki's drawers and looks through it until she comes across a pink bikini, he gets it out and smirks to himself before throwing it at Nikki. "Here you go, now we can go to Tesco and get Poppy a costume and some water nappies and then we go swimming.

"Jack! I can't wear this, it's a size eight... I haven't been a size eight since before I was pregnant... I'm a size ten now" Nikki says looking at the label as Poppy plays with the loose ties on it.

"Come on Nik, you will fit in it... now get dressed we're going swimming!" Jack smiles as he walks through to the bathroom and gets two towels out and a small towel for Poppy.

Nikki huffs and gets out of bed and places Poppy on the floor as she gets changed, once dressed Nikki changes Poppy. "So are we ready?" Jack questions as Nikki comes down the stairs with Poppy on her hip.
"I'm going to drown Jack Hodgson" Nikki pouts.

"No you won't," Jack smiles placing a kiss on Nikki's head.

Jack gets their things together in a small gym bag and then they head out, Nikki gets Poppy into her car seat before joining Jack in the front of the car. First head to Tesco to get Poppy a swimsuit.

Once they have brought a swimsuit for Poppy they head to the local Lesuire center, Nikki carries Poppy into the reception area with Jack who is carrying the bag, he walks up to the reception desk and pays for them to go into the swimming pool.
After they have paid to get in they both head into the changing rooms and find an empty cubicle to get changed in.

Jack is the first to get changed followed by Nikki who has to get Poppy changed into her swimsuit and waterproof nappy. Jack sits on the bench and watches Nikki who has her back to him, he sits admiring her body and smirks to himself. Suddenly he feels awakening in his swimming trunks, "Ah shit!" he mutters causing Nikki to look over her shoulder at him.

Jack closes his eyes hoping it will go away, with no luck he starts to think about one of the most horrific crime scenes he has been to, and slowly the awakening in his trunks subsides.
"Ready?" Nikki smiles as she lifts Poppy up and places her against her hip.