Private property

Jack steps slightly forwards and watches the man as he messes through his bag and then looks around, "Jack!" Nikki whispers as she grabs his hand.

They both hold their breath as the male figure walks around looking at the walk aways above the factory where the couple is currently stood. Jack finally gets the courage to step forward into the light. "Hey! what are you doing here?" The man shouts angrily at him.

"Hi, I'm a forensic scientist with the home office... we're here reinvestigating a crime scene" Jack replies as he feels Nikki's hand slip back into his from behind.

"Leave! this is private property!" The man shouts at him.
"We have permission to be here" He replies trying to reason with the male.

"Get out!" He shouts in a threatening tone.
Nikki jumps and lets go of Jack's hand. Jack puts his hands up "Right Nik, come on let's go" Jack says.

"No, we have a warrant!" Nikki says putting her foot down as she looks up at her partner.
Jack shakes his head and grabs Nikki's hand and starts to pull her towards the stairwell. Nikki notices out the corner of her eye the male grabbing something from the gym bag and begins to march over to the stairs.
"Shit, Jack he's got a gun!" Nikki panics realizing what is happening.

The man fires a shot at the two and then both duck and turn in the opposite direction, the man runs up the stairs and starts to chase them. "Nikki!" Jack says as she trips but he grabs her waist and holds her up as they run.

They come to a set of stairs that only lead up, Jack looks over the edge of the railings and realizes it is too far and too dangerous for them both to jump down. "Go up," Jack says as they begin to run up the stairs frantically.

Nikki runs down the corridor with Jack following behind, the male wasn't going to give up easily as he continues to chase them loading more ammunition as he goes. They come to the end of the corridor and a door that reads exit on it.

They both push the door and it opens loudly with a creek. Jack pushes Nikki out of the door and pushes it shut. "Nik, grab the pole," Jack says breathlessly to his partner.
She does as she is told and passes the pole to him and he places it against the door, lodged so no one can get out.

Jack grabs her hand and moves away from the door."We're trapped!" Nikki says noting the fire exit stairs and been removed.
"Fuck!" Jack says bending over trying to catch his breath.

Soon, Jack and Nikki can hear the sound of the gunman kicking frantically at the door. "Shit Jack, where do we go!" Nikki says as she walks quickly around the rooftop and tries to find somewhere to exit the roof.

Jack grabs Nikki and pulls her to the edge of the room, "Look" He says pointing down to the five-story drop. "It's not far, we could jump and in the skip" Jack suggests noticing the content of the skip is just boxes and insulation. "Ready to jump?" Jack questions knowing that the pole won't hold the door much longer.

"Are you insane!" Nikki shouts at him.

The gunman bursts through the door and starts to fire at the both, Jack holds Nikki close to his body and kisses her head, "Jump!" He says to her just as the gunman fires at the both.