Contracts

Once back at the Lyell, Thomas asks Nikki to perform a postmortem on a body brought in earlier today, separate from the hint and run incident but with a possible link. 
Nikki changes into her white scrubs and enters the cutting room, she walks over as two technicians bring the body out for her, "Do we have any notes?" Nikki asks the two male technicians.

"Erm, Yes Dr. Alexander, over here" the one replies, pointing to the table.
Nikki nods and walks over to the table and starts to read through the notes as the technicians maneuver the body onto the cutting slab.

"Dr. Alexander, we are ready for you" the other male technician speaks up, Nikki walks over to the cutting slab and gets her dictaphone out, she turns it on and starts to record everything she identifies.

"Okay, Tony can I get a full toxicology report please, "Nikki speaks as she takes blood from the body and hands the test tubes to Tony once Nikki has labeled them up. 

Tony heads off leaving Nikki and the other technician in the room, "Okay, So we have a white female, approximately 5 foot 5 inches, long blonde hair, the body has ligature marks around the neck this could be injunction with Strangulation" Nikki begins just as Jack walks in.

"Her name is Mollie McKenzie, her family has been informed" He replies as he walks past her and looks at the computers.

"Okay, Thank you, Jack. There is Petechial hemorrhaging to the eyes. On further examination of the fingers I can see what looks to be cloth fibers" She says as she grabs a test tube and a pair of tweezers and picks away from the fibers, placing them carefully into the test-tube. 

Jack looks up at her from photographing the clothing that came with the female victim, "Thomas mentioned he had found a piece of fabric at the scene, Could it be the same course?" Jack questions.

"I won't know until we have matched the fabrics" Nikki replies as she focuses on the nails trying to get all the fibers.

Nikki continues to search the body for possible clues, "I shall know more when I open up the body" Nikki replies.

Around then minutes later Nikki has cut open the female body and is searching all organs even though they have now found the source of death, which was strangulation. "Nothing abnormal in the heart, rather fatty, signs of an unhealthy lifestyle" Nikki speaks to herself.

Soon Nikki finishes up with the body and carefully stitches the body back together, she treats the stitching process like art and takes extreme care with each stitch.
The technicians help Nikki put the body into the fridges and then they clean up for her and let Nikki head back up to the lab to report back to Thomas on his case.

As she walks back into the lab she notices Thomas on the phone with a woman dressed smartly in his office. "Who's that?" Nikki questions as she walks over to her desk.

"Someone who has come to renew Thomas's contract" Clarissa replies, looking up from her work

"He looks dead serious" Nikki speaks as she recalls over contract renewals and he didn't react anything like this, "You don't think they're making cuts do you?" Nikki questions.

"Well if they are, we are... all doomed" Jack smirks as he appears from the staffroom with a cup of tea in hand.

"Jack... you could have worded that better" Clarissa speaks and rolls her eyes at Jack.

"Okay, our necks are on the line" He replies and sits himself down in his chair, he leans over and grabs a packet of biscuits from his bottom drawer.

Nikki continues to watch as she waits to speak to Thomas, but as soon as she notices Thomas stand and shows the woman our she spins in her chair and pretends to be working. "Jack, did you manage to get me those blood tests I sent Tony up with?" Nikki questions.

"Erm, they should have been emailed through by now" He replies as he stands and walks to look at Nikki's computer.
"well there is nothing here," Nikki says showing Jack her inbox and also her spam.
"Maybe It would be worth calling down to the lab and asking Tony himself, they do say he is a wee bit half soaked" Jack laughs.

Nikki laughs as she feels Jack's breath on the back of her neck, she moves her ponytail a little to try and cover it as it is distracting her. "Maybe," She sighs.

Thomas shows the woman out of his office and down the corridor before returning to the room, "Dr. Alexander, when you have a moment can I speak in private with you in my office... this is regarding your contract here" Thomas speaks seriously before returing to his office.

Jack and Nikki look at each other before they both look at Clarissa, "You don't think he is sacking me do you?" Nikki panics.

"Only time will tell" Clarissa speaks as she watches Nikki stand nervously, she walks over to his office door and takes a deep breath before walking in and shutting the door behind her.