Ghosts from the Past

Nikki is currently sat on the floor watching Poppy who is currently lying on her stomach on the sensory mat, "What a clever girl" Nikki coos as she watches Poppy trying to push her body up by her arms. Poppy gurgles and kicks her legs, "Look at those strong legs" Nikki laughs as she watches Poppy stun herself as she kicks a toy and it starts to sing. 

She soon rolls Poppy back onto her back and places her under the hanging mobile that has a small plastic mirror set above her head. Poppy looks up at the mirror completely memorized by her own reflection. 

Nikki sits back up on the sofa and takes a couple of photos of Poppy and sends them to Jack through her WhatsApp. 
Soon there is a knock at the door, Nikki picks Poppy up, she holds Poppy against her side, her one hand underneath Poppy's bottom and the other across her chest. 

The person knocks the door again, "Alright, I'm coming" Nikki says as she walks to the door and opens the front door. 
Her heart drops as she opens the door, without thinking she goes to shut it again, the man puts his foot in the door and "Go away" Nikki panics. 

He pushes the door open and looks at Nikki who walks away quickly into the lounge, Nikki grabs her phone and tries to call Jack as the man follows her into the lounge. "Please just go away" She begs. 

"Please, we need to talk" He replies. 
"No, I don't want to talk, get out my house!" Nikki demands.
"No, I want to see my child!" He replies loudly making Nikki jump. 

Nikki holds onto Poppy tightly and kisses her head as she watches her phone ring out for Jack, "No!... she isn't your!" Nikki says trying to make her sound confident even though she is completely terrified. 

"You were mine! she is mine!" He shouts at her pushing Nikki up the wall with Poppy still in her arms. He moves away and Nikki quickly moves and places Poppy down in the Moses Basket so she is safe. 

"Please just leave me alone" Nikki panics as she rushes to the bookshelf and manages to grab the DNA test, "Look! she isn't yours!" Nikki shouts. 

He grabs the papers off, her and reads the papers, "Bollock! these are fake" he shouts making Nikki jump and he causes Poppy to cry. 
"Shut her up!" He says. 

Nikki dashes to Poppy and picks her up, "Get upstairs!" He demands. 
"No!" She replies standing in front of Poppy, protecting her.

"Now!" He shouts revealing a gun from his back pocket.
Nikki gasps and looks at him, "Please... don't do this... Please... Matt!" Nikki cries as she starts to shake. 

"I've lost everything, my family, my job... I am not losing you either!" He shouts still waving the gun at her. 

"Matt... It has been over a year... You can't expect me to start again with you. I have a family now" Nikki replies as she keeps looking down at Poppy who has settled once again. 

He looks at Poppy and walks forwards, he grabs Nikki and puts the gun against her head, "Matt, please... let go" Nikki replies. 

Matt holds onto her tightly and makes her walk, "Upstairs!" He demands as he pushes her forwards, she trips on her own feet and hits her head off the coffee table, "Get up!" He shouts. 

Nikki holds her head and groans, feeling rather dizzy she manages to stand herself up. Matt pushes her again and makes her walk upstairs, "where are we going?" She asks still shaking. 

"You're going to pack your bags you are coming with me... and you're going to make it look like you walked out on your partner... okay," he says. 

She takes a deep breath in as she starts to walk up the stairs, "And what if I don't?" Nikki questions bravely.

"If you don't I will blow your brains," He says pushing the gun against Nikki's head again. Nikki panics and trips up the stairs, Matt pulls Nikki up again and forcefully pushes her up the stairs. 
Matt walks Nikki to her bedroom and makes her get a suitcase and start packing. 

Nikki starts to pack but notices Matt turns his back so decides its the right time to attack and make for Poppy and run. As she gets up she grabs an old jewelry box and goes to hit Matt over the head. He turns just as she goes so, she misses the part of the head she was meant to strike and his nose. Matt grabs Nikki and tries to fight her off. 

Suddenly BANG, BANG... Matt's gun goes off.