Betrayal

Nikki lies on the floor beside Harry, her heart still racing from their 'work out', her wish had finally come true to sleep with Harry and make love to him, although she was starting to regret the whole change of events.
She looks at Harry who has fallen asleep with a blanket draped over them both, Nikki sits up and looks at her phone, with multiple texts from Jack appearing on her phone, 'where are you? My Dad will be here soon, hurry up' and 'Seriously Nikki, answer your messages'

Nikki sits herself up and gathers her clothing from around the room, just as she begins to get dressed Harry stirs and looks up at her from the floor, "I've got to go... sorry, see you soon" Nikki smiles and continues to get changed before grabbing her bag, phone, keys and leaving for her house.

Around twenty minutes later she arrives home and walks into the hallway taking her bag and coat off, She turns around to see Jack glaring at her, "Where the hell have you been?!" He frowns.

Nikki thinks to herself for a moment replying "I had to show the locum Pathologist some stuff based on a case that could possibly link."

"Right? couldn't you have done that tomorrow when you're actually meant to be working? I'm so annoyed with you Nikki" Jack huffs.

"Sorry... Okay" She snaps and pushes past him, she walks into the lounge and smiles happily at Jack's Dad. "Mr. Hodgson, how are you?" She smiles cheerfully.

"Please, Nikki call me Conor as always... I'm good and yourself?" He smiles cheerfully.

Nikki continues to have a conversation with Conor while Poppy plays with her new toy and Jack stands in the doorway leant against the frame watching Nikki closely. He instantly knows that there is something wrong with Nikki from the way she is acting with him.

Ten minutes later Conor starts to pick up on the tense atmosphere around Jack and Nikki, "Have you two had an argument" Conor quizzes.

Nikki looks up at Jack, "No we haven't"
"Yes, we have..." He replies at the same time as Nikki.

Nikki glares and raises an eyebrow at Jack, "Have we? this is news to me..." She laughs awkwardly.

Jack huffs and shakes his head at her, "We're about to... Nikki a word, in private" Jack speaks and leaves the lounge and walks into the kitchen.

Nikki moves Poppy off her lap and gets up off the floor and excuses herself from the room. She walks into the kitchen, "What the hell Jack?" Nikki huffs putting her hands on her hips.

"What is wrong with you Nikki, you have been off with me ever since you got home!" Jack frowns.

"No, I haven't Jack..." Nikki says with a slight laugh.
"Yes, you have... what's happened Nik?" Jack says trying to understand why his lover sees so tense with him.

Nikki looks up at the ceiling and then back at Jack, "It has just been a long day at work."

"Nikki... you've been at work for three hours, how the bloody hell is that a long day?" He questions.

She shakes her head and looks at him, "You love me right?" She asks and Jack nods slowly, "Good then, there is nothing to worry about."

"You're impossible Nikki Alexander," Jack says with a slight smirk of disbelief.
"I know I am... now I am going to go see my Daughter" Nikki says as she goes to walk past Jack but her grabs her by the shoulders and stops her.

"What is going on in your head Nikki?" Jack speaks.
She just laughs and walks past Jack and heads into the lounge to see Conor playing with Poppy. "We're almost ready to go out now" Nikki smiles informing Conor.

"Okay great! I shall get my shoes on... Nikki? Is everything you with you and Jack, you guys both seem very tense" Conor replies.

"We're fine" Nikki smiles putting on a fake smile knowing Jack is onto her. She lifts Poppy up and carries her into the hallway and grabs her new shoes and jacket, Nikki sits on the stairs and puts Poppy's shoes on and then helps her into her jacket.

"Maaaaa!" Poppy squeals.
Nikki lift her back onto her hip, Poppy grabs hold of Nikki's hair and as Nikki walks back into the lounge and looks at Jack, "Am I driving?" She asks and Jack just shrugs his shoulders. "Great, thanks to Jack... brilliant, the best help I could get" Nikki huffs sarcastically as she heads back to the hallway and grabs her car keys and handbag.